My girlfriend’s preoccupation with my health and fitness is getting in the way of our relationship.

DonRocko

1 hour ago, MissCanuck said:

If you need couple's counselling after just 6 months, boy, good luck with that train-wreck. 

this is so true. at six months things should still be pretty easy... cut your losses.  You're not compatible.  I'm sorry.  it sucks but in the long run, it's for the best. 

OK so she's a med student and apparently KNOWS EVERYTHING. Any doctor/medical professional knows, people/the patient have the final say in what they will do for treatment. Your GF has no clue about this. Her knit picking is obsessive and thinks you are the issue lol. Well maybe partly. The both of you do not know how to communicate or listen to each other. You are both stubborn as hell, that's why you fight. She only sees what she see, and you only see what you see. 

If your only concern is if the counseling is going to burn a hole in your pocket, then you should breakup because you are already looking at this as a hopeless endeavor.

I'm all for optimal health, but her words are unkind and controlling. You don't need admonishment over your body, fitness or diet. The stress alone she is invoking on you is far worse than you not playing patient to her. My ex slammed my fitness regime and it is hurtful. Don't wait years like I did for it to change. It won't. I'm afraid this is as good as it gets with this one.

Archived