Loving an alcoholic - letting go

Bella1234

My ex was an alcoholic. I fell in love but it still hurts that we parted ways. Some may say I dodged a bullet, others will say that I put up with it.  I used to view him drinking 8 coolers and a half a bottle of whiskey a night as normal after awhile.  This happened nightly.  Never a night of not drinking. On wkds I used to think it was becoming normal he was drinking hard liquor to get through the day at 9am.  I used to wake up to my blankets being torn off from him falling on the floor.  I’ve been yelled at, tossed into the couch for confronting him about a txt from his ex wife.  I’ve been name called, gaslighted, accused of stating fights and arguments if I brought up my needs or anything he’s done to hurt me emotionally.  I blamed myself.  I’ve been yelled at for being too tired for sex.  Hes stormed out of the room in a rage and slept on the couch.  He’s been given a warning regarding his attendance at work. He’s finding it financially hard to keep up.  All the lies he told me about us having a family were all lies he was blacked out and I never realized all along he was only in love with the bottle perhaps.  I grew the courage to leave as I have two little children but after all this it still hurts...I just wanted to share.. 

26 minutes ago, Bella1234 said:

I’ve been name called, gaslighted, accused of stating fights and arguments if I brought up my needs or anything he’s done to hurt me emotionally.  I blamed myself.  I’ve been yelled at for being too tired for sex.  Hes stormed out of the room in a rage and slept on the couch.

I say Trauma bonding.. you get so mis treated yet sill stick around 😞 

None of this is acceptable!

Drunks are a hot mess... for sure get yourself out of that!

27 minutes ago, Bella1234 said:

All the lies he told me about us having a family were all lies he was blacked out and I never realized all along he was only in love with the bottle perhaps

Not sure how long together?  No, you do NOT want kids with this!!

I have an alcoholic ex- this is what they become.. They are married to the bottle.  Now you see WHY you don't want HIM as a father - You have 2 kids of your own here... take care of THEM and yoruself - stay single a while and get over this mess.

Archived