I am dating myself right now...it’s not too bad!

limichelle

It’s been almost seven months since my last relationship ended. I ventured into the world feeling lonely. I freaked out at the thought of not having someone to call my own. 
It was easy to become bitter and resentful of love when my thoughts were constantly consumed of it.  The bitterness was really a reflection of how I felt towards myself.

I thought “Nobody will want ugly ol me. I don’t deserve love, I have nothing to give.” 

As the days progressed I realized I had to face her, the woman in the mirror. She was unkind the way she mocked my appearance. I stared her down one morning and I saw for the first time how worn out she appeared. She had dark circles under each eye from lack of sleep due to unnecessary worry.  Her lips half smiled and I saw how genuine and so desperate she wanted to be loved.

You see I put myself “the lady in the mirror” on the back shelf. I catered to the needs of everyone else around me. Because I was in toxic relationships with men who I attracted because I didn’t focus on what was good for me, they took a piece of me to their advantage. 

I stopped nurturing myself, and loving myself. 

I stopped needing anybody and started the journey of self love.

I pampered myself with new nail polish, lotion, and a good  book a murder mystery or a hot new tv show. I started listening, really listening in the silence to my inner voice. 

I started dating myself. 

I stopped putting toxins in my body. Because I only have myself until I die. It’s important to take care of myself. Physically, Mentally and spiritually.

You see I don’t NEED anyone to make me happy or feel complete. I’ve got myself! 

I would want someone one day to be my partner and see the awesome woman inside of me that I see. 

I won’t settle for abuse of any kind, stay in toxic patterns. I won’t let anyone else take pieces of me.  

You need to realize you don’t have to be perfect to be ready for love but you should be respectful of yourself, kind to yourself, and supportive always. Then once you can do that you will notice you won’t settle for anyone not doing the same back to you. 

I see so many posts of “he did this hurtful thing.” “ She said this hurtful thing.” 
Are you going to let that toxicity take pieces out of you so it buries you down to where you’re unrecognizable? 

Trust me I did that! 

Things will run a lot smoother for you in any kind of relationship if you value who you are. 

If you don’t value yourself, respect or love yourself. How do you expect anyone to as well? 

please ask yourself those questions. 

You are the one you have and there’s only one of you. So treat yourself well! Even if it means being alone. 

1 hour ago, limichelle said:

As the days progressed I realized I had to face her, the woman in the mirror. She was unkind the way she mocked my appearance. I stared her down one morning and I saw for the first time how worn out she appeared. She had dark circles under each eye from lack of sleep due to unnecessary worry.  Her lips half smiled and I saw how genuine and so desperate she wanted to be loved.

Love this :)

Archived