Asking out a girl in my neighborhood...

There is a girl right around the corner from me i've had a thing for, for a couple years.. She lives alone in her grandparents old house. Well 6 months ago i saw her on bumble, of course we didn't match. But that means nothing, women are very particular on dating sites, she might not of seen my profile anyways...  For the hell of it, I made a profile on match today and she is on match... So I know she is single still. I'd love to ask her out in person but I don't know how..  I guess, if i see her outside I should strike up a conversation with her and get to know her.... I can talk to anyone once I start talking but I have a hard time starting conversations.

Just looking for some advice. Thanks

6 minutes ago, blacksmith3 said:

I made a profile on match today and she is on match...

Send her a message through Match. Use the neighborhood (in general, not stalkerish) as an ice breaker.  Don't just cold approach her. You have the solution in your hands. Is she on Tinder?

I don't think shes on tinder, never saw her and always keep the distance close.  She didn't grow up in that house. I remember her grandfather though from over 20 years ago when i was real young and I used to talk to him. I've thought about using that as an ice breaker if I saw her in person, then see where the conversation goes from there.

I'll try the message on match , later tonight.

12 hours ago, blacksmith3 said:

Its going to start getting nice with the weather, so i'll be going for evening walks now.. When  I see her, I will talk to her.

Why wait? Sounds like you have a crush but are stalling, obsessing and making a lot of lateral nonmoves.

Including joining dating apps simply to research if she's single, rather than message her on them.

Hopefully it's not creepy to her to just walk up and talk to her about her family history, the house etc.

No one wants to hear that someone collected a dossier on them because they were too timid to simply message on a dating app.

Keep it simple. Do the usual dating app message, go for coffee, etc. Mention that you live in the same area, but skip the Intel you've been collecting.

Well, what are the circumstances? Did she just recently move onto the block? If so, I don't think it's weird to approach a new neighbor, especially since you knew her grandfather. But, you know, don't look at her like she's your next meal or anything.

Is this the same girl as in your previous post?

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Well, what are the circumstances? Did she just recently move onto the block? If so, I don't think it's weird to approach a new neighbor, especially since you knew her grandfather. But, you know, don't look at her like she's your next meal or anything.

Is this the same girl as in your previous post?

No.  Just a coincidence.. That one from a year ago was close to happening but i'm actually grateful it didn't.

This girl moved here to my block about a year or two ago, i always see her outside with her dog.

Edited by blacksmith3