Rejected

Nia2000

I was talking to a guy I met on tinder and I thought we had a good connection.He called me on the phone a few times and each time we talked for over 3 hours and we texted every single day. A few days ago we talked about meeting and I was really looking forward to it. However, the following day he messaged me saying that he caught feelings for an other girl. He told me he had only been talking to her for a few days,but that he could already picture himself in a relationship with her, and that he didn't have that with me, because he only saw me as a friend. Im really confused because we talked about meeting the day before. I'm having trouble accepting the situation for what it is and moving on. Please help

That's online dating for ya. here's a tip: never invest your hopes or feelings in someone you have never met. Second, you have to assume that any guy that does talk to you is talking to other women and or dating multiple women. You are an option in a sea of opportunities.

That being said, message a few times, and expect meeting up. Do not go overboard with texting good morning/good night, texting constantly for weeks. Always limit interaction, but let them know you are interested in meeting them. If they don't step up and ask you out on a specific date and time, slow or stop communication with them. That's when you KNOW they are wasting your time.

1 minute ago, smackie9 said:

This is what I was going to say to you.  Please read and heed!

That's online dating for ya. here's a tip: never invest your hopes or feelings in someone you have never met. Second, you have to assume that any guy that does talk to you is talking to other women and or dating multiple women. You are an option in a sea of opportunities.

That being said, message a few times, and expect meeting up. Do not go overboard with texting good morning/good night, texting constantly for weeks. Always limit interaction, but let them know you are interested in meeting them. If they don't step up and ask you out on a specific date and time, slow or stop communication with them. That's when you KNOW they are wasting your time.

1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

I second.   Don't over invest in a stranger.   

2 hours ago, Nia2000 said:

I was talking to a guy I met on tinder and I thought we had a good connection.

Sorry this happened, but it's not a rejection. It happens all the time, unfortunately. Both of you are still talking to and meeting others. 

Keep in mind people jump on hookup/garbage apps like Tinder the nanosecond they have an argument with a gf/bf. So you don't really know what his story is.

Just keep moving forward until you have a better match.

Yup, don't take any of this to heart.  Talking with someone means nothing, until you really meet up and advance forward.

You had some interest, but they didn't feel the same.  That's fine.

You move along... and if you are new to this stuff, do NOT hand your number out to everyone who pays you a compliment- you'll end up with a phone full of unecessary numbers.... AND a chance you run into a stalker, etc... When you don't know these people, you can't rule out the creeps out there!

Chat a bit to someone ON THERE.  be smart about this & be careful.. this world has all kinds  😉 

When someone doesn't even know you, it's not really a rejection of you.

Phones and computer screens aren't people, they're ways to create fantasies 'about' people.

If someone can create a better fantasy about someone else, this doesn't speak of any deficiency in you at all. It's about their own projections.

Use the Internet to screen for people who you can realistically meet in person. Then do that instead of building an investment in anyone over the phone.

Archived