Friend acting irrationally?

Kricket123

Hi all,

im struggling to process something.  I have two good friends (we are all grown women in our 40’s) who both have the same type of car (different versions) in the same color.  I need a new car and asked my father to help me find a good deal and he did all the legwork and found me the 2021 version of my car in the same color as my two friends.  Their cars are a different brand, worth far more than mine.  I told them about the similarity and laughed—they completely different cars and I couldn’t imagine the color combination similarity mattered.  

But today one of them confronted me and told me it really bothered her and our other friend that I was getting the same color combination as them.  Said that it was look weird if we all went somewhere in the same color car and that hers was her dream car and if I had the same color it would make her enjoy her car less.  I was completely taken aback and put in a very uncomfortable situation:  lose the great deal that saved me money and satisfy them, or have two friends angry with me every time they saw my car.  

Does this kind of thing actually bother secure, rational people?  For a good part of today I kept trying to identify my own misstep but honestly didn’t see a problem and can’t fathom why anyone else would care what I drove, especially since my new car is the same model as my current car.  I don’t know what to do.  

Omg.. well THEY can get over it.  ( do they know you had a deal on it?)

YOU can drive whatever YOU want..lol

In my family my parents had a small grey car and so did my younger sister.  NO big deal.. sheesh people.

Don;t worry.. and IF they are 'angry;, they are out of wack... silly.

50 minutes ago, Kricket123 said:

But today one of them confronted me and told me it really bothered her and our other friend that I was getting the same color combination as them.  Said that it was look weird if we all went somewhere in the same color car and that hers was her dream car and if I had the same color it would make her enjoy her car less. 

I would have said something to the effect: ........"You do realise that there are about 10 million of the same colour  and model car that you drive, right? ... Are you for real??"

Seriously, it's hard to believe she's in her 40's. 

Archived