How someone says that they love but can't marry because their family will not allow marriage.

This is really difficult to understand.  Are you saying that there is a guy who you love, and he loves you, but his parents won't allow him to marry you?  Do his parents know you? Have you dated this guy?  Or is it just someone you know?    

This sounds like it's a religious/cultural issue.

Actually it's not mine but my best friend loved someone very hard. But his family was against love marriage and recently he got married to girl decided by his family. My friend is just lost as she can't believe it. She believed that one day he will convince his family and they will be together but all ended like this.

3 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Actually it's not mine but my best friend loved someone very hard. But his family was against love marriage and recently he got married to girl decided by his family. My friend is just lost as she can't believe it. She believed that one day he will convince his family and they will be together but all ended like this.

So it was an arranged marriage.  In the culture where arranged marriages is the norm, I'm surprised that your friend thought he could convince his family to let him marry a girl he loved.  It doesn't (usually) happen that way.

5 hours ago, Jennifer said:

he got married to girl decided by his family. 

So your friend's love interest had an arranged marriage. Why not just say so?

Of course she can believe it. She knew all along about his culture. Unless he deceived her, she should never have gotten involved with someone like this.

So since arranged marriage is customary in your culture, do you have a say in who you marry or will your parents find a husband for you?

Yes she have to believe this truth now. Actually me and my friend has a freedom to decide whom to marry. Unfortunately she didn't got the love of her life. I just wanted to say that if someone knows that they are finally going to marry as per their family wish then why they are falling in love!!! Isn't it so sick/inappropriate...

6 hours ago, Jennifer said:

if someone knows that they are finally going to marry as per their family wish 

Don't date guys who are from a culture that practices arranged marriage.

You and your friend learned the hard way that they'll play the field for sex, then marry a virgin who their parents pick out for them.

Next time know who you are dating and what they're culture is about and if you fit in or if you should just move on.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:03 AM, Jennifer said:

Yes she have to believe this truth now. Actually me and my friend has a freedom to decide whom to marry. Unfortunately she didn't got the love of her life. I just wanted to say that if someone knows that they are finally going to marry as per their family wish then why they are falling in love!!! Isn't it so sick/inappropriate...

Anyone who is adult enough to want marriage is responsible for putting that on the table, up front, as her reason for dating. Then, she can question whether he shares the same goal in dating. If not, she stops seeing him, and she pursues dating to find a man with who shares the same goal.

She can blame the guy for falling in love, but her own participation is equal in the matter. 

She's either responsible enough to screen her own love life, or she's not responsible enough to have one without unnecessary pain.

16 hours ago, Jennifer said:

@catfeederYes, I agree. You are right. I feel the same and I also said her to be happy, beware in next dating and forget whatever happened.

Sure, but do NOT 'forget' what happened. Learn that when a guy isn't dating for the same reasons as you, it makes no sense to stick around trying to manipulate him. That's just an ego game, and it won't get her what she wants.

Archived