My best-friend might have confessed to me that she likes me.

modoshii

So me(F) and my best-friend(F) got drunk together a few days ago. I got super drunk and I was dancing in the living room with our other friend. Because I was very drunk I don't know if I remember the next event correctly, but she came up to me and said she needed to tell me a secret and told me she liked me.

Now, our friendship over the past few years has been rocky but we've talked everything out over the last few months and are very close now. In my language saying "I like you" could both mean romantically but also just the other person thinking you're nice. I don't know which one she meant because I was to drunk to notice what she just said so I just told her I loved her in a friend way.

I also had the feeling she'd been semi-flirting with me all night, like constantly touching me or wanting to dance with me. A few hours later she had to throw up and she told me she wanted me to send our other friends away.

When I woke up the next morning I suddenly realized what happened the night before and felt stupid for not asking her about what she meant. It's a few days later and she hasn't mentioned anything about it and I am too scared to ask because I'm scared I will *** up our friendship, but on the other hand I wanna know. It keeps running through my mind.

A few facts important to this situation: Me and her are both bisexual, so I'm sure her being attracted to girls is very plausible. She has a boyfriend, which means I have no intention of getting into a relationship with her, even though she told me her boyfriend isn't opposed to opening their relationship.

Please tell me what you guys think I should do. I need to know if I'm overreacting and she just meant it in a friend way, or if she actually like likes me. Thanks in advance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
      Emotional intelligence (EI) refers to a person's ability to recognize, understand, and manage their own emotions, as well as the emotions of others. In the workplace, having a high level of emotional intelligence can have a significant impact on an individual's success and the overall work environment.
      • 0 replies
    • 5 Steps to Improve Your Relationship and Overcome Your Past
      Healing from past experiences and improving current relationships can be a challenging journey, but it is possible with the right steps. Here are five steps to help you on your journey
      • 0 replies
    • Why Do Some People Miss Commuting Despite Loving Remote Work?
      Many people have adjusted well to remote work, but a recent study has shown that some are still missing the daily commute. The study, conducted by researchers at the University of Texas, explores the psychological reasons behind this phenomenon.
      • 0 replies
    • Lying Disorder: A New Concern for Mental Health
      A recent study has shed light on a new mental health condition called Santos Lying Disorder. The disorder is characterized by excessive lying, even when there is no apparent benefit to the individual.
      • 0 replies
    • How a Brain Break Can Increase Focus and Productivity
      A recent study has found that taking short breaks during work hours can actually improve productivity and focus. The study suggests that the brain needs breaks in order to refresh and refocus, and that working for extended periods of time without breaks can lead to burnout and decreased productivity.

Breaks can come in many forms, such as a quick walk outside, a short nap, or a mental break to daydream. These breaks can help the brain recharge and increase overall focus and productivity. The study recommends taking a break every 90 minutes to 2 hours, as this is the average amount of time the brain can maintain focus without a break.

Taking breaks can also help to prevent burnout. When people work for extended periods without breaks, they can become exhausted and experience feelings of burnout. Taking regular breaks can help to prevent this and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

In conclusion, taking short breaks during work hours can actually improve productivity and focus. The brain needs breaks to recharge and refocus, and working for extended periods of time without breaks can lead to burnout and decreased productivity. Regular breaks are crucial for maintaining a healthy work-life balance and preventing burnout.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/03/well/mind/brain-break-focus-productivity.html
      • 0 replies