What should I do?

Ok so me and my boyfriend were together and lived together for 2 years, we broke up for a year and we just got back together 7 months ago. He used to text me good morning and text me through the day and had a job at the time. Now he has no job, lives an hour and a half away from me, plays video games (which im not complaining about because I do that too) and literally sleeps all day and all night. Im lucky if I even get one message from him now. I know he sleeps all day and night because he comes and picks me up and I stay at his place 4 days every month so we can spend time together. When I'm over there all he does is sleep until like 6 or 7 in the afternoon/night and we do whatever and then a few hours later he goes back to sleep. It's like I'm not even there. I'm really worried about him and he tells me he's fine, everything's fine, he's not doing anything wrong and I have nothing to worry about but I worry about every little thing. He has had drug problems in the past so I'm wondering if he's back doing drugs and that's why he's acting this way and he's just really depressed or he's losing interest in me and I'm about to lose him. Please give me y'alls advice, I love this man to death he is my first real true love and I dont wanna lose him. I dont know if I'm overreacting or if there is something I should be really worried about. Also the first time we were together he proposed and it didnt work out but now he was supposed to propose on christmas but he said he lost the ring, its somewhere in his house.

1 hour ago, Maryberry2015 said:

he has no job. plays video games. sleeps all day and all night.  I stay at his place 4 days every month. I'm over there all he does is sleep. It's like I'm not even there.  He has had drug problems in the past  he was supposed to propose on christmas but he said he lost the ring, 

You need to stop hanging out there. How old is he? Does he live with parents? Who pays for the bills?

Yes,it seems like he's back on drugs. What drugs is he addicted to?

Do you work? Do you live with parents? 

You need to step way back from this. His primary relationship is with drugs .

Call a number to help your addiction to an addict

https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

How does he support himself?

I question why you would want to be with someone who sleeps the day away, is addicted to video games, does not have any ambition, is not seeking employment, drug issues, and treats you with zero interest, love or respect.  What is so appealing about this loser?

I am sorry to say, but I seriously doubt he ever purchased a ring.  

What do your friends and family think of him?

To plan on proposing after a year apart ( and only 7 mos back)- not so good 😞

And, it is concerning, the amt he sleeps.  Does sound like depression and he's lost his 'umph'.. lack of interest to do much.. and to go this way is not good.

One should have no more than 9 hrs a day- not sleep for 18.

He is probably affected by his position in life.  In that he has no direction ( no job).

BUT, he has to want to reach out (act) in getting some help.  Maybe suggest he go talk to his dr about all of this.  So things don't keep going this way... One can really get lost in themselves 😞 

As for YOU.. you need to accept you cannot 'fix' him.  And be careful he does not draw you down as well.

He is an adult.  Is up to him.

6 hours ago, Maryberry2015 said:

I dont know if I'm overreacting or if there is something I should be really worried about. Also the first time we were together he proposed and it didnt work out but now he was supposed to propose on christmas but he said he lost the ring, its somewhere in his house.

BS. 

He doesn't want to propose. I'm sorry OP, but I think you need a wake-up call. This guy is not that into you anymore, and there are red flags all over this. 

Why did you break up previously? 

5 hours ago, Hollyj said:

How does he support himself?

I question why you would want to be with someone who sleeps the day away, is addicted to video games, does not have any ambition, is not seeking employment, drug issues, and treats you with zero interest, love or respect.  What is so appealing about this loser?

I am sorry to say, but I seriously doubt he ever purchased a ring.  

What do your friends and family think of him?

I second this entire post.  I also highly doubt he ever bought a ring.  You're right to be worried.  Sorry to say, this "relationship" is going nowhere .  Maybe time to re-think your relationship. 

Archived