Is this controlling?

HE3002

Recently me and my girlfriend were watching a YouTube video in which a fully clothed girl turned to her side in order to show her bum. I naturally glanced at it for a millisecond and then looked away. She then asked me if I had looked at it so I admitted it. She then proceeded to get really mad at me and then said that she thinks i like to look at other girls and sees it to be a massive problem. I explained to her that I don’t care for looking at anyone else because I love her and her only. She is massively insecure so I reiterated that I make the point of not looking but just happened to naturally glance this once. I’ve searched online and from what I’ve read this isn’t a problem whatsoever so I’m not sure what to think. I genuinely am not attracted to anyone else and do not care for interacting with other females. My understanding is that even if I was attracted to other people, as long as I never acted on it that I am not in the wrong. What’s everyone’s opinion? 

If you're a heterosexual male you're going to check out women from time to time.

Nothing wrong with it, you just need to be discreet.

Worst thing you can do is respond the way you did, which was to deny it out of fear of her response.

Next time it happens say "of course I checked out her butt, I'm a guy, it's what we do". Or words to that effect. Anything's better than a weak lie.

Woman here: She's incredibly insecure, and is oblivious/ignorant to the fact that guys look at women, boobs, butts, etc. It's one thing to gawk or snap your head around to check a girl out in front of her...but come on. It's totally natural to observe. Her thought process is UNREALISTIC. There isn't a man living on this planet that if dating her would only think of her in a sexual way. That's just fairy tales. Silly wabbit she is.

And lying about it isn't going to pasify her one bit. She is being ridiculous. I say you don't put up with that, or lie about it...so what if you looked.

Archived