My ex husband hooked up with my partners ex girlfriend

My ex husband hooked up with my partners ex girlfriend when they found out we were dating. That was nearly six years ago, our relationship has progressed with us purchasing a property together and having a child. Their relationship hasn’t progressed at all, both still living separately with no intention of anything happening from what I hear from my kids. 
I think they got together due to being bitter or jealous, sad really 

So....how does this affect you? What advice are you asking for. 

Don't allow the kids to be the informants about their lives - its okay if the kids state that they don't see ex-partner much anymore but for the kids to pretend to know or state what the intentions of said parties is is TMI.

btw, ex's get together sometimes not out of revenge but out of comfort. They reach out to eachother because of a shared experience/someone to lean on and it progresses.  One of my parents' friends had her husband leave her for another woman -- the two couples were friends for many years and she and the woman's husband started talking not for romance, but to keep up the friendships of the children to make sure they saw eachother still after the splits and became friends.  They eventually married and are very happy. They don't talk to their exes except what is necessary for the kids, though the women have started to talk...a little.  It was a number of years ago so its not fresh anyway.  The other couple didn't stay together but the friends who were the ones that were cheated on are still married.

Is this a competition?  😞 

Relationships should never be.  Nice, you guys progressed, going as far as you did.

They did not go the same route- which is fine.  It is THEIR relationship & choices.

IMO, I don't know why you are going there with this.. unless you are still not over your split with your ex? 

• Like 1

My ex was cheating on me with his nephew's fiancee. Then he dumped me and she dumped the nephew and they have been together for something like 11 years. Oh, and the nephew lost another girlfriend to his younger cousin. Nephew has a poor track record of losing girlfriends to his family members!

Are you trying to be "better" than your ex and his girlfriend? Who cares if they haven't married? Maybe they don't want to!

On 2/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Wendy1234 said:

My ex husband hooked up with my partners ex girlfriend when they found out we were dating. That was nearly six years ago, our relationship has progressed with us purchasing a property together and having a child. Their relationship hasn’t progressed at all, both still living separately with no intention of anything happening from what I hear from my kids. 
I think they got together due to being bitter or jealous, sad really 

Lot of irony to unpack here.