Why did my husband get a STD test after going to massage parlor.

Poppet76

I recently discovered my husband got an STD test.  When I asked him about it, he said he had gone to a massage parlor on two occasions and paid for an additional service, but there was nothing else to tell. Before I knew about the test, I had found out that he was talking to other women on-line, but he swore he had not had any physical intimacy with another woman. He then admitted to the massage parlor experiences after I asked him why he would get a STD test.  Then of course said there was nothing else beyond that.  Am I being too trusting? 

Well in a massage parlour "additional services" would mean a handjob and/ or blow job. Your husband is obviously a cheater because he did sexual things with someone else and he talks to other women online too. He probably may have done something sexual with those women from online too. I mean if he's going to get sexual services from a masseuse then how can you trust anything he's saying?

3 hours ago, Poppet76 said:

I recently discovered my husband got an STD test.  When I asked him about it, he said he had gone to a massage parlor on two occasions and paid for an additional service 

Sorry this happened. Unfortunately you also need to get tested.

So the first stop is the doctor and the second should be an attorney..

Did you know about this sex addiction?  How did you discover he had STD testing?

His behaviors are putting you at risk.

Your husband is obviously a cheater and the fact he can think he can get away with going for an STD test RANDOMLY and not tell you a reason means he thinks you're dumb as hell. 

You need to ask him WHY and don't take any answer that doesn't add up.

He's either already cheated and wants the test so he doesn't pass it to you OR he wants to cheat and wants a test to make sure he doesn't have anything before he does sleep with someone else.

There's a difference I think between a massage parlor and a licensed massage place with licensed therapists.  A massage parlor typically has unlicensed people and offer sex related services in addition to massages.  My friend was abused at one of those places (she thought it was ok as the workers were from her country of origin and she needed a massage for her fibromylagia but the masseuse went too far and she froze -no she was not married) - maybe some of these parlors are legit -don't know -but if he's not going to a licensed massage place then chances are he's not going for a professional/therapeutic massage.  I'm sorry.

He obviously did something sexual with someone. It's not like buying a pregnancy test at the drugstore. He had to go to a clinic or his doctor and ask. This is active, thought out and must be motivated to do...

So yes. You are being too trusting. He got a sexually transmitted disease test. sexually transmitted being the important words. Why would a person need this? Because they had sex with someone they think could have passed a disease to them.

There is no other reason. 

Archived