Who here has had an abortion...

1 minute ago, TulipWriter said:

Also, if you did have an abortion, what were your reasons? How far along were you when you aborted it? Can you describe the procedure?

It would be better to look up medical advice here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687

Than asking inappropriate personal questions. Talk to your doctor if  you are having a situation.

I really dislike this question out of context.  There are so many individual reasons and situations.  I have not had an abortion, I am done being able to get pregnant.  I've been pregnant once and I was so fortunate not to have to consider abortion (meaning it was a healthy pregnancy and my life wasn't threatened during the pregnancy -but it was, after).  From the time I started being sexually active until started trying to conceive (which was about 16 years) I did my utmost to prevent pregnancy or accidents since I knew I likely would not be willing to have an abortion other than in very exceptional circumstances.  I also restricted my sexual involvement to situations where the guy was on the same page and where (other than for one person) we would have married if I got pregnant, and happily.  I want to be extremely clear that this is my personal situation about my body and my life -nothing to do with anyone else's choice to abort or consider abortion.

I did, and the "did you regret it?" is a very complicated question for me.  What I regret was that I was too dumb to care enough to prevent the pregnancy, and a child died as a direct result of my stupidity.  To this day, slightly over thirty years later, I do wonder and will always wonder what might have happened if I had made a different decision.  But I'm not sure I "regret" it in the true sense, because the child I did have I would not have had if I had kept the first child.  And then that child was murdered a few years ago at age 25, so a part of me always wonders if I was punished for that.

If I had it to do over again, I think maybe I'd make more of an effort to try to find a way. 😞  But that's my own personal thought(s) and each woman needs to decide for themselves.

13 minutes ago, TulipWriter said:

Oh. I’m autistic so I don’t understand social cues. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Think about it this way.....If someone asked you how do you feel if your mom or dad died and had questions about the way they died etc etc would you feel hurt ?

Archived