Should I still remain hopeful for my crush, or simply move-on?

skipinmystep2

A week or so ago, I decided to jump. I made the decision to tell my crush how I felt about her, and without acting overly sentimental or emotional, I still made my feelings clear to her, conveying just how much she made me feel better about myself, while also prefacing that this isn't necessarily a declaration of love. The last thing I would ever want to do is force her into something she doesn't want or isn't ready for; I only want to make her feel like she's one-in-a-million. She responded in such a way that, while technically a rejection, made me feel like one-in-a-million as well. Not only was it apparently one of the nicest messages she has ever received, but because of my confession, her respect and appreciation for me have grown so much stronger. She admired my vulnerability above all else, while also acknowledging that the confession has only made us come closer together (something that she is apparently really glad about). But nevertheless, at the time she responded to my confession, she simply didn't feel the same way about me. In her words, "I don't feel the same way about you at this point, although hearing this from you was very refreshing." She also went onto mention that she had a lot of terrible experiences with other men at our university and just in her life, so if anything, my sincerity isn't something that she isn't going to write-off or forget about. And since my confession, one might say that we have become even closer. Our text conversations revolve around us constantly complimenting each other for our writing abilities and prowess, while also talking about similar interests (some of which I didn't even know she had beforehand). She even went as far as to say that I'm the "biggest fan" of her writing/articles, and that my compliments/criticisms make her feel so good about herself (as well as that my vocabulary and knowledge of directors/films continues to impress her). Many have told me to move on, others have said to remain hopeful. I would like to know what others think regarding this matter. 

20 minutes ago, skipinmystep2 said:

at the time she responded to my confession, she simply didn't feel the same way about me. In her words, "I don't feel the same way about you at this point, although hearing this from you was very refreshing." 

She even went as far as to say that I'm the "biggest fan" of her writing/articles, and that my compliments/criticisms make her feel so good about herself

Ok, you've made a great friend, but she was clear that the romantic interest is not there. That's ok, stay friends, but next time ask a woman out rather than "confessing" anything.

Yup, if you are 'okay' with remaining just Friends, fine.  Accept that, leave it at that.

BUT, tread carefully.. If you continously  over-do your 'appreciation' of her.. that will get old  😞

Chatting/discussing her work, is nice of you.  Just be a friend.

No I don't think you should be hopeful because she actually said she doesn't feel the same way about you. She likes you as a person and as a friend but she doesn't have any romantic feelings for you. You can't force feelings so if she doesn't have them it's pretty unlikely that she will in future. I think you would be wasting your time waiting for her, when you could be dating other girls instead.

Archived