I feel like I should go out with him but I also feel like I'm not ready yet.

This one guy I know is persistent; it's to the point where I'm thinking about going on a date with him. I've thought about dating him and he seems like great boyfriend material because first of all, I've known him for almost a year, he's decent looking, clearly cares about me, tries to see through my flaws, and he doesn't judge me. Well, I just can't see myself being in a relationship with anybody at the moment because my heart doesn't flutter and I don't blush around people like someone with a crush would do. I like him but I don't want to be romantically involved with anybody. Some reasons I think I may have this problem is because I'm insecure about what I could add to the relationship, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of "dating", and my best friend and brother don't like him. People are also telling me to go for it but my heart just doesn't BEAT around people. (You know what I mean). Maybe it's me overthinking- I'm writing this at 3am. What should I do? Is there something wrong with me?

Edited by Kenzvog
11 minutes ago, Kenzvog said:

. I like him but I don't want to be romantically involved with anybody.

my best friend and brother don't like him. 

If you only like him as a friend, be straight forward and say that. Don't string guys along. 

Dating is a clear cut yes or no situation. In this case it's no because you're simply not into him.

Why don't your friends and family like him? Is he pestering you?

1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

If you only like him as a friend, be straight forward and say that. Don't string guys along. 

Dating is a clear cut yes or no situation. In this case it's no because you're simply not into him.

Why don't your friends and family like him? Is he pestering you?

My best friend dated him for like a week in middle school and hasn't gotten over it, and shes making my brother think he's a bad person. Which is immature because he changed quite a lot. He has pestered me, I consider him a good friend and I figure maybe if I give him a chance, things will change because that's how most people date such as online dating, blind dates, etc. And maybe if the date doesn't go well then I'll stop. I can tell he really likes me and he's told me several times. Should I give him him a chance and see where things go or no?

1 hour ago, Kenzvog said:

. Should I give him him a chance and see where things go or no?

No. You know him well enough. It's not a blind date. Don't string anyone along to "see how it goes".

You've already stated that "you can't see yourself in a relationship" right now. 

Either you are ready to date or you're not. It's that simple. Perhaps if you are ready to date, you should consider other guys. If you are not ready to date, then just stay friends.

Don't pity-date or feel pressured.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Kenzvog said:

I like him but I don't want to be romantically involved with anybody.

-Then you be honest with him. Tell him you'll go out 'as friends'.  That's all.

If you don't feel it and/or feel you are not ready to even get involved, then you say so.  Don't put yourself in such a spot, and he needs to be informed.

I'm like this as well.. Not into getting involved - no interest.  So, I don't.

I feel like I should go out with him but I also feel like I'm not ready yet.- Then you're not ready.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Kenzvog said:

. He has pestered me, I consider him a good friend and I figure maybe if I give him a chance, things will change because that's how most people date

No.  HE should be more respectful... He has not gotten the clue?

Things will not change if you give him a chance. ( that's how most people date?)

YOU consider him a 'good friend'.. keep it that way, If you go further, good chance you ruin the 'friend' aspect :/

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with you. If you don't feel it, you don't feel it.  

He should respect your position and   not be pressuring you.  If he continues, distance yourself. 

No.  If you're not feeling it then don't go out with him.  That would send him a sign that you're interested in him and will encourage him.  You said you're not ready for a relationship with anyone right now, so that would include him. You don't play with peoples' emotions.  Not nice. 

• Like 1