How do I deal with rejection?

DY7

I have literally faced 4 rejections. However I do not have the strength to face the fifth one. I am tired and I am sick of it. In fact I literally become frustrated. How do I go through the fifth one? How do I deal with it if I am rejected the fifth time?

As painful as rejection is, everyone experiences it. If you've been rejected, and you have been a few times... the most important thing is to take time for yourself to heal.  Spend time with your family and friends. Get involved in your own interests. 

When you feel better and think n you might want to date,  take steps to protect yourself. Don't let yourself fall for a person until you're relatively sure they are actually true blue for you. 

20 hours ago, DY7 said:

I am tired and I am sick of it. In fact I literally become frustrated. How do I go through the fifth one?

You have had 4 rejections?  From where?  dating sites?  Do NOT take any of that personally - There are sooo many ppl on those things. ( If not there, from where?)

If you are becoming frustrated, then why don't you stop a while?  Calm down... WHY are you 'expecting' anything or trying so hard - in order to get to this point?

Welcome to the human race. Finding a GOOD match is a needle-in-a-haystack endeavor.

Most people are NOT our match. That's not cynical, it's just natural odds, and those odds are shared by all of us.

It's not about how many people can view us through the right lens--most people can NOT. It's about learning the resilience and the focus to hold out for, not just anybody who will patronize or use your for convenience, but rather the RARE person who owns the actual capacity to see and appreciate your unique value.

This won't be everyone. It won't even be a lot of people. That's the point.

Dating requires a strong enough appreciation of your Self to stand firm in Who You Are. From there, you can allow those who don't match well to screen themselves out.

Allow as many people who need to pass to do so--early. This does you a big favor.

This is how to eventually end up with someone who shares your vision and 'gets you'. This is true simpatico. Hold out for it, and don't settle for less.

Love is rare, and if finding it were easy, what would be so special about it?

Head high, adopt resilience as your best life skill, and you will thank yourself later.

Sift!

Archived