I can’t help but feel jealous

Newtoothiss

Hey guys I need advice, I’ve been with my girlfriend for 2 months now... she’s been friends with her best friend for 3 years but I can’t help but feel jealous... in the beginning of our relationship my girlfriend told me her best friend isn’t into girls but two weeks ago (when I was asking how they met) she told me that her best friend “thought “ she was attractive to my girlfriend but they just ended up being friends... I can’t help but feel there’s more to the story but I don’t want to push her away for asking so much.... idk if it’s because she’s the first girl I’ve ever been in a relationship with, if I should really be worried or if I’m just tripping ... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!! 

11 hours ago, Newtoothiss said:

Hey guys I need advice, I’ve been with my girlfriend for 2 months now... she’s been friends with her best friend for 3 years but I can’t help but feel jealous... in the beginning of our relationship my girlfriend told me her best friend isn’t into girls but two weeks ago (when I was asking how they met) she told me that her best friend “thought “ she was attractive to my girlfriend but they just ended up being friends... I can’t help but feel there’s more to the story but I don’t want to push her away for asking so much.... idk if it’s because she’s the first girl I’ve ever been in a relationship with, if I should really be worried or if I’m just tripping ... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!! 

I don’t think you should be worried. You don’t have any actual evidence of cheating. Until then, you’re just letting your imagination run amok. 

30 minutes ago, ForeverLearning said:

I don’t think you should be worried. You don’t have any actual evidence of cheating. Until then, you’re just letting your imagination run amok. 

I think he’s more worried about whether she isn’t telling the whole truth about her friend “not being into girls”.

11 hours ago, Newtoothiss said:

Hey guys I need advice, I’ve been with my girlfriend for 2 months now. she told me that her best friend “thought “ she was attractive to my girlfriend 

Is it a same sex relationship? Do you think the lines of best friend vs love interest are blurred? She seems to nebulous to date. Step back and reconsider if you want the headaches and heartaches figuring out what she means by "best friend".

Personally, I'm a big believer in trusting your intuition. If it's telling you that there is something off about their friendship, it's probably true. Sometimes what your intuition is sensing can be impossible to describe rationally, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean that it's off.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this - a relationship is supposed to make you feel happy, safe, and secure. If you are feeling jittery, nervous, jealous and unsafe/insecure.....you have to ask yourself why that is and if that's the kind of drama that's acceptable to you. Also, one of the big corner stones of good relationships is the ability to talk with each other and clear the air about whatever it is that is bothering either one of you. 

So, if this issue is eating at you, do ask questions and talk to her. If that ends your relationship.....you dodged a bullet. Keep in mind that if you don't talk about it and it keeps eating at you, eventually that will cause your relationship to go sour anyway. In short you have nothing to lose by talking and everything to gain. To be honest....2 months in, you both should still be on cloud nine and not already jittery and questioning trust and loyalty.

12 hours ago, Newtoothiss said:

my girlfriend told me her best friend isn’t into girls but two weeks ago (when I was asking how they met) she told me that her best friend “thought “ she was attractive to my girlfriend but they just ended up being friends

Trying to figure this one out...

Your gf's friend thought your gf was attractive? / attracted to your gf?

Is your gf bi?  

What concerns you?  Any signs?  

IMO, I doubt she'd be involved with you AND her friend...  Whether bi or not.. there are boundaries & respect.

IF someone is one way or the other... IF the other does not feel the same, it's not happening.

I know a cpl people like this... I have a guy friend, who is involved with a 'bi gal'... they are together.. she is NOT interested in anyone else. (Yah, she has a history of this or that.. BUT, she chose him).

How old are all of you? The general rule is don't plant seeds of doubt in your partners' mind, no matter how small. Your gf sounds naive and both of you should talk out your concerns. If she can't be considerate to you, find someone more mature to date. 

There shouldn't be any head games when dating like this or doubts. 

Archived