44 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

More than likely we are being posted elsewhere . Most likely we will be leaving in July. I have a home daycare . Is a month enough notice to give my clients that I am relocating?

Are there laws regarding this at your location?

Ya I get it. So I guess it depends what kind of waiting lists are like in your area. I know here it's next to impossible for the demand. People usually are off on vacation in the summer so then they will have time to look.

Some of my clients work all year, I have 2 moms  who are teachers but the rest work all year. I will be sad to leave them behind but my husband is pretty sure we are posted out and will be heading 3.5 hours northwest. 

5 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

A month sounds fair to me!

It seems fair as I just got a 3 weeks notice of someone’s maternity leave. 🙄 Her husband “ forgot” to tell me for the past 2 months. 🙄🙄🙄

I have to remember that this is just business and that they would drop me like a hot potato if it benefitted them which they often do. So I have to do with benefits me. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Unless and until YOU have a definitive date, I'd stay quiet and cross that bridge when or if you get there.

Oh for sure I have no plans to shoot myself in the foot. 

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Oh for sure I have no plans to shoot myself in the foot. 

Your clients are lucky to have someone with your degree of concern. No doubt you'll come across the right answer. (((HUG)))

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, catfeeder said:

Your clients are lucky to have someone with your degree of concern. No doubt you'll come across the right answer. (((HUG)))

For sure I am trying to come across a solution that is mostly fair for everyone. 

Are you closing up, or moving far from where you are?  If you are moving close by, no reason to not tell them as soon as you know.  But if far away or closing up, speaking as someone who's had two kids in daycare, with a daycare that had to close after 35 years, it can take a few months to find a new place you love and trust.  So, if you plan to close within a few months, let them know the plan, and give them options. We stayed till the very end, but were told months in advanced, while it gave us time to look. And I love this daycare still from the bottle of my heart.  They are a part of a state-wide facility for underprivileged families.  No longer a private daycare.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tattoobunnie said:

Are you closing up, or moving far from where you are?  If you are moving close by, no reason to not tell them as soon as you know.  But if far away or closing up, speaking as someone who's had two kids in daycare, with a daycare that had to close after 35 years, it can take a few months to find a new place you love and trust.  So, if you plan to close within a few months, let them know the plan, and give them options. We stayed till the very end, but were told months in advanced, while it gave us time to look. And I love this daycare still from the bottle of my heart.  They are a part of a state-wide facility for underprivileged families.  No longer a private daycare.

No, I am moving 3.5 hours away to another base , MAYBE. I only know when the military tells me. Which could be months ahead or 2 weeks before. 

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

No, I am moving 3.5 hours away to another base , MAYBE. I only know when the military tells me. Which could be months ahead or 2 weeks before. 

Well, you have the perfect reason to give notice to your clients as you see fit within the realm of reality.

For instance, if you learn that you're moving in 2 weeks, then that's all the notice you got--and so preface your notice to your clients with that's all the notice your armed services have given you.

When the choice is being made FOR you, there's no need to sweat it. While I can appreciate that you'd love for each client to transition without inconvenience, it's the nature of reality in the service that this will either happen or not as it does.

Your heart is in the right place. Don't torture yourself.

Edited by catfeeder
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Well, you have the perfect reason to give notice to your clients as you see fit within the realm of reality.

For instance, if you learn that you're moving in 2 weeks, then that's all the notice you got--and so preface your notice to your clients with that's all the notice your armed services have given you.

When the choice is being made FOR you, there's no need to sweat it. While I can appreciate that you'd love for each client to transition without inconvenience, it's the nature of reality in the service that this will either happen or not as it does.

Your heart is in the right place. Don't torture yourself.

Exactly and all my clients but one are military families as well so they know how it goes. 
Thanks ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how it’s like in your area, but I had to be on waiting lists for a few MONTHS before moving my daughter to a different daycare. A month is too short.

9 hours ago, Snny said:

Not sure how it’s like in your area, but I had to be on waiting lists for a few MONTHS before moving my daughter to a different daycare. A month is too short.

I am battling with what is fair for both without screwing my own income. The one family will have problems keeping their kids in a daycare I think because they are a real handful and can be pretty disrespectful. So I wish them luck for sure.