Is my ex having second thoughts? Help!

So in October last year me and my ex split up after 2 years. I accused her of cheating but eventually found out that I had the wrong end of the stick and had made a huge mistake. 

For the first two months out the break up my ex resented me, however she still kept in contact with me but it was minimal. She even told me that after two months of us being separated she was already dating somebody else. So at this point I decided to respect her decision and distance myself so I could let go of the situation. 

Four months later we still keep in contact even though my ex has told me numerous times she never been happier with her new partner and that it’s different. Anyway last Sunday I received a miss call from ex , she said that she misses me and thinks about me a lot and our relationship. She also said that she is conflicted , which is why I have turned to online forums as I’m unsure whether she’s having second thoughts or not?

35 minutes ago, Teddy23ambrose said:

I received a miss call from ex , she said that she misses me and thinks about me a lot and our relationship. 

She's still with her BF? Step back, don't be the male-girlfriend to listen to her current BF woes. When an ex contacts you, it's for them, not you....so beware.

• Like 1

If she's conflicted she has to sort herself out. Don't be the comfort blanket that she can lean on for warm, cozy reassurances. You are not her safety net. 

You screwed up and apologized. The end. There is no other obligation to her. If you still feel guilt, you work that out on your own. 

If both of you come back together as a couple it has to be without a third party (other partner in tow or either one of you breaking up a relationship) and she has to recover from your betrayal accusing her of something she didn't do. 

Remember that it didn't work the first time and even if you were wrong, you had serious doubts. The straw that broke the camel's back might have been wrong but ultimately you did have doubts about her. Do not get sucked back in so easily or be her crutch. 

You can let her know you're sorry she's having a tough time but you are also working on yourself. Wish her the best. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Teddy23ambrose said:

my ex has told me numerous times she never been happier with her new partner and that it’s different. Anyway last Sunday I received a miss call from ex , she said that she misses me and thinks about me a lot and our relationship. She also said that she is conflicted

- She has never been happier -- then leave her to it. ( Don't be available for her, at all).

- She 'misses you'.....  she is 'conflicted' -- None of this is good.. Missing you is normal after a BU.

As for conflicted, that's on HER.  Things are messed, as is she. ( You do not want someone like this around- most often, she can pull away from him, then you, again = one big, painful mess 😞  ).

Stay away.  She has moved on... TC of yourself and give her nothing.  

I wouldn't play. It positions you nowhere but low.

If you want her back, tell her that she can contact you if she ever dumps the guy, and if you're still available then, maybe the two of you can meet to catch up. Short of that, you wish her the best.

Then stop responding to her messages unless and until she's free of the guy.

• Like 1

Meet up for coffee and have a one on one talk. I know I know she's in a relationship, but I think he's just a rebound. She's been lying about being so happy....if she was she wouldn't still be in contact.