What's the difference if they updated it?

Is up to you both... IF they want to keep going out with you more? you ask them.

And.. is up to YOU if you want to 'keep looking'.. if not, you keep at them & see if they continue the interest.

I typically did within 6-8 weeks and with one exception it was because he then asked me to be exclusive.  I wanted marriage so I didn't like closing off options too soon since as I got older my dating options/opportunities narrowed.

9 hours ago, Sanny1608 said:

...been on a couple of dates with one person, been going well but I checked their profile and they may have updated it, 

When things are going well and you have the exclusive talk.

If he's updating his dating profile it means he's activity seeking out others.

Well I definitely wouldn't think you'd stop meeting other people only after a couple of dates. You really need time to get to know a person and be sure how you feel about them. I wouldn't necessarily say that just because he updated his profile, he doesn't like you. He doesn't know you much yet so he probably still wants to get to know you, but he's open to meeting other people too. I know some people might just focus going on dates with one person at a time. But I think most people don't actually do that.