Anxiety of dating.

I was in a relationship up until 3 years ago by the end of it she had to move due to her job. At the end she stopped communicating and we would go days without contact and it would always be me initiating the conversation. It turned out she found someone else and my anxiety proved true and we ended it, I ended up heartbroken and hurt for 2 years. Around September I met someone on a swipe dating app, we got along really well and after we both got tests proving we were negative we met  4-5 times in person. One of her family members had to move in with them and they were at higher risk and we agreed to keep it online until we get vaccinated. The message pattern is slowly becoming the same, we don't text anymore and it's always me initiating the conversation. She deleted our chat on the app and blocked me from Instagram and removed me from other social websites.  I have this anxiety it's happening again, maybe not cheating but i have a feeling I'm gonna get ghosted. Am I in the wrong and worrying about this unnecessarily? 

Edited by Toxcst

well I'm sorry to say, yes. it sounds like she lost interest. I know it hurt your feelings.  

but I want you to know, it's not at all uncommon. and its not a reflection of you and who you are as a person. 

only having a few dates and the pandemic. it's hard to keep the connection going. 

as for your ex girlfriend cheating on you, that is also not a reflection of  you and it would take time to get over.

don't let this current situation get you too down. they aren't the same thing.

if you want to date on line, you gotta have a tough skin. learn to roll with the punches. if someone drops off on you,  see it as a blessing in the long run. 

hang in there! 

Edited by Lambert
6 hours ago, Toxcst said:

September I met someone on a swipe dating app, we met  4-5 times in person. 

Sorry this happened. Unfortunately this is par for the course with early dating. 

It's not about your anxiety. What does stand out is residual issues from your last relationship most strikingly dependency and gauging based on cyberbehavior.

Step back from dating. It's great you are taking Covid precautions and yes everyone and everything is more Internet dependant.

However this situation seems more about loss of interest than any sort of vaccine timeline.

9 hours ago, Toxcst said:

The message pattern is slowly becoming the same, we don't text anymore and it's always me initiating the conversation. She deleted our chat on the app and blocked me from Instagram and removed me from other social websites.

Have you asked why, or do you know why?

The writing is on the wall she's moving on. But hey, it was meant to be, and you are not longer wasting your time on someone that really wasn't that into you. It ran it's course. I know it's hard to see it that way but it's better to know now rather than being married with kids, and she wants to move on. Vaccines are on their way which means probably by summer things will light up again, and you will meet someone new. Cycle of life bro, don't sweat it.