Should I give this another chance or should I move on without closure?

Why not tell him LDRs don't work for you, then simply delete and block him.

This would free up your time and energy to pursue a relationship that makes you happy rather than keeps you guessing.

2 hours ago, Lunatique93 said:

I asked him for a selfie of him holding a sign saying something specific

Oh, Luna. 

That isn't reliable verification. It's so easy to edit photos with anyone's face plastered on. In the future, don't assume that sort of thing is enough to prove who someone is. 

Regardless, take the lessons learnt here and move forward without this person on your radar. 

1 hour ago, MissCanuck said:

Oh, Luna. 

That isn't reliable verification. It's so easy to edit photos with anyone's face plastered on. In the future, don't assume that sort of thing is enough to prove who someone is. 

Regardless, take the lessons learnt here and move forward without this person on your radar. 

You are right. I was naive and a fool.

11 minutes ago, Lunatique93 said:

I was naive and a fool.

The good news is, you can stop being naïve and foolish at any time. You just have to choose. 

First step: axe this joker from your life.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've been in your situation (please read my posts). I had all the excuses you had and even though it didn't sit right with me my emotions got the better of me. Guys that so this are users. They have no intention of creating anything meaningful with the girls they flirt with. Basically you are just a side chick and used for an ego boost/excitement while wifey is busy. Don't beat yourself up too much. The important thing now is to learn from this, move on and don't fall into this trap again. I'm afraid to say you'll never get closure from this jerk. In my situation he would never admit he was married. One day I'd had enough and confronted him (by text of course!) and he ghosted me. Coward! Nows the time to put your big girl pants on and be tough. Please don't allow anyone to use you like this, there are decent men out there that are worthy of your time. This jerk is fake and a liar

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Minimix said:

I've been in your situation (please read my posts). I had all the excuses you had and even though it didn't sit right with me my emotions got the better of me. Guys that so this are users. They have no intention of creating anything meaningful with the girls they flirt with. Basically you are just a side chick and used for an ego boost/excitement while wifey is busy. Don't beat yourself up too much. The important thing now is to learn from this, move on and don't fall into this trap again. I'm afraid to say you'll never get closure from this jerk. In my situation he would never admit he was married. One day I'd had enough and confronted him (by text of course!) and he ghosted me. Coward! Nows the time to put your big girl pants on and be tough. Please don't allow anyone to use you like this, there are decent men out there that are worthy of your time. This jerk is fake and a liar

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I'm taking it as a sign right now because this post is a month old and you don't know how much I needed to hear those words because I'm feeling like a total idiot at the moment. I was warned not only by people here but also by my friends and I didn't listen. A few days after I posted here, I reached out to the guy. Of course I told myself I was just looking for closure (I was lying to myself). He replied and told me he was feeling depressed and he just focused on his son for those two weeks. As I  have suffered from depression myself , I understood and I wanted to be there for him during those dark times (I'm rolling my eyes to myself as well) and well to make a long story short, he ghosted me. This time I did try to reach out to him and those messages were ignored. I know, I can't say I'm surprised, especially because I was warned. But I don't know, hope is a dangerous thing. I still feel bloody awful though and to make things worse my depression is back. I know I deserve it, so please if any of you are reading this and you choose to comment, don't be so hard on me, I'm already doing that.

Edited by Lunatique93
3 hours ago, Lunatique93 said:

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I'm taking it as a sign right now because this post is a month old and you don't know how much I needed to hear those words because I'm feeling like a total idiot at the moment. I was warned not only by people here but also by my friends and I didn't listen. A few days after I posted here, I reached out to the guy. Of course I told myself I was just looking for closure (I was lying to myself). He replied and told me he was feeling depressed and he just focused on his son for those two weeks. As I  have suffered from depression myself , I understood and I wanted to be there for him during those dark times (I'm rolling my eyes to myself as well) and well to make a long story short, he ghosted me. This time I did try to reach out to him and those messages were ignored. I know, I can't say I'm surprised, especially because I was warned. But I don't know, hope is a dangerous thing. I still feel bloody awful though and to make things worse my depression is back. I know I deserve it, so please if any of you are reading this and you choose to comment, don't be so hard on me, I'm already doing that.

So now would be a great time to remove his number and his email and remove him from all messaging apps.  Then block him from any means of contacting you.

You can't move forward if you're always looking in the rear view mirror.  Plus, how would you ever find the man who's looking for you if you're looking backward at this man who isn't right for you?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

So now would be a great time to remove his number and his email and remove him from all messaging apps.  Then block him from any means of contacting you.

You can't move forward if you're always looking in the rear view mirror.  Plus, how would you ever find the man who's looking for you if you're looking backward at this man who isn't right for you?

That's done. I deleted his number, pics, chats, all of it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1