It is the last 24 hours for my beautiful Shay

Seraphim

My ole boy has kidney disease and now diabetes. My husband doesn’t want to torture him with tests and implants and needles and pills and would rather he went over the rainbow bridge. My son is in agreement as well. He spent 10.5 wonderful years with us and would have been 12 in March. 

So tomorrow at 3:30 he will be “ going home”. My vet is allowing me to be with him while it is done. Then when he comes home he will be in an urn and be with us in spirit. 

2B16F073-95BE-4D6C-BD70-F1D2C2E939D5.jpeg

I am so sorry S.  Dealing with an ageing Kitty with health issues myself.  It's so hard.  I've let them go peacefully too.  As much as it's the best decision, it still guts you. 

Don't know what else say other than he was sooo lucky to have you.  Just seems so unfair we don't get to keep them nearly long enough.   

Hugs to Shay and you and your family.

I'm sorry, I know it's devastating.

I only had my Miss Angel for about 3 months when I had to have her put down.  We adopted her without knowing she had FIP.  She was in pain and it would have been selfish of me to keep her alive.  It was heartbreaking having to do so, plus I had to see my 6'3" teenage son put his head on my shoulder and cry.  That hurt.

I believe she'll be there waiting for me on the other side.  Your Shay will be waiting for you.

I'm very sorry, Seraphim.  From one animal lover to another:

I feel for you.  It was 2 years ago this month when my beloved 14 year old faithful friend was euthanized.  I miss my Golden Retriever so much.  She was man's or woman's best friend.  

After a typical short evening walk, she collapsed on our garage floor.  She groaned in pain.  My husband carried her into the house.   A tumor on her liver ruptured and she hemorrhaged.  We raced to the nearby 24-hour vet hospital and the vet said it was time to mercifully euthanize her.  She passed away at 9:30PM.  I never want to repeat that traumatic night again.

Know that you gave Shay the BEST life.  She was loved and cared for like no other.  You were the best and she will never forget you as she crosses the Rainbow Bridge. 

Archived