My name is Ryn, I'm a transgender guy I haven't started T yet I'm age 18

My Trans Life

I was basically born as a female never felt like I was in the right body looking in the mirror is still hard
I am not comfortable I have dysphoria so it's ofc a lot of discomfort. I plan to get T and Fully transition in the future
It's been a tough ride and I am saying this for all trans ppl don't let ppl drag u down. I was body shamed by my own mom 
ofc i haven't come out to her btw i'm gay and transgender male so yeah... haven't came out to anyone but my bf but now ig now the world knows
it's difficult being trans and in a homophobic family...
I will be free soon so for anyone who is trans or apart of the community you're not alone in this i too am going through a lot.
i was nervous to share this story

Which country/culture are you from? If you're from a Western culture I think it's becoming quite acceptable to be transgender and GLBTIQ+ in general. If you get no support from your family then maybe you could join transgender or *** support or social groups? And you could attend *** events? If you're going through a hard time maybe it might help you to have like minded friends.

• Like 1
Just now, Ryn said:

I live in Trinidad

Do you have any way of meeting other transgender or GLBTIQ people? Like, even just online so that you have people to talk to? Do you have anyone in your life who supports you? Like, friends who accept you?

• Like 1

I have my siblings but as i said my family is homophobic i haven't came out to them i only came out here and to my bf and online friends 

vrchat the game has made me feel more comfortable being trans 

19 hours ago, Ryn said:

My name is Ryn, I'm a transgender guy I haven't started T yet I'm age 18

My Trans Life

I was basically born as a female never felt like I was in the right body looking in the mirror is still hard
I am not comfortable I have dysphoria so it's ofc a lot of discomfort. I plan to get T and Fully transition in the future
It's been a tough ride and I am saying this for all trans ppl don't let ppl drag u down. I was body shamed by my own mom 
ofc i haven't come out to her btw i'm gay and transgender male so yeah... haven't came out to anyone but my bf but now ig now the world knows
it's difficult being trans and in a homophobic family...
I will be free soon so for anyone who is trans or apart of the community you're not alone in this i too am going through a lot.
i was nervous to share this story

Don't be nervous! Welcome to the forum. This is an inclusive place. 

In my mid-20s I dated a trans man who was in his late 30s and we lived together for awhile. He identified as lesbian all his life until he met me and we figured out a few things together. I came home one day and he blurted out he was transgendered. I just looked at him, put the groceries on the table and said "Yes, I know." The rest is history. He is fully transitioned now and we keep in touch now and then. He was telling me some great milestones in the last decade and it was so good to hear. 

I am sorry to hear about you being body-shamed. Never, ever let anyone shame you for what you feel, what you think or who you are. 

You are absolutely not alone!

Edited by Rose Mosse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good for you, and I hope your post is a step towards overcoming anxiety.

Do what you think is best for yourself. If you think your family will impede your happiness, then you're not obligated to come out to them. Good luck in your life, and kudos to you for being able to overcome such a bad lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1