Would you get involved on or keep your nose out- working while awaiting covid test

So I’m looking for some advice as I am very unsure what to do. My mum is a carer, she works for a small organisation and cares for people in their homes. One set of clients are three men with learning disabilities that live together in a house where caters go in and at least one carer is there 24/7. So she regularly sleep over as part of her job. She went to work on Saturday 2nd January and when she entered the house the carer who had stayed there the night before and who she was taking over from was a girl who had spent time with her brother on Boxing Day and he had then tested positive for covid. It had only been 7 days so she had not isolated for the 10 days required and had taken a test but had not yet had the results back. She said that her manager had told her to come in to work and it would be fine. I’m sure we can all agree that this is WRONG! At least (to my knowledge) 3 of the 2 men that live in the house have underlaying health conditions so this is putting them at risk not to mention the staff. 
My question is I am thinking of calling head office to anonymously complain but do people think that I should just keep my nose out? I feel this manager should not be allowed to get away with being so wreck-less. 

7 hours ago, StrawberryRo said:

she had not isolated for the 10 days required and had taken a test but had not yet had the results back. She said that her manager had told her to come in to work and it would be fine. 

Sorry this is happening. Very careless high risk behavior.

Your call won't be anonymous, since you are going to have to give specific details.

You're going to have to name names and be specific about the complaints. Including implicating your mother. Otherwise they can't do anything.

You would be better off calling the board of health than the employer.

It sounds like your mother is on the defensive, worried about her job and tolerating poor practices for that reason. She must need the job/money to be doing that type of work . 

Encourage your mother to get tested and use extreme precautions. Keep your distance 

Do you live with your mother? Have you been tested? How will your complaints improve her situation? Will she consider other jobs?

Have you spoken candidly to your mother about your concerns? Does she want to complain formally? What's her take on staying safe?

It seems you want to do end runs around her if she herself is telling you all this but continuing her employment. How else are you protecting her and your family proactively?

Keep in mind you can complain, but there may be red tape  and no immediate solution. Talk to your mother.

Make sure you, your mother, your family all get tested and practice appropriate preventative measures.

Archived