He sent me Merry Christmas message using one of our insider joke as well to start the message and went silent again...

Be202020

We have been talking to each other for about 3 months and we live in different countries but we called often and video chat sometimes as well. However, during the last month he acted very distantly and told me he needs time to think and we stop dm each other since beginning of December. There were only 2-3 times we awkwardly ended up having to talk to each other with some of our mutual friends but then I decided to go on radio silence since 15th of December.

On 25th I unexpectedly received a message from him saying “Psst, Merry Christmasss” (Psst is one of our insider jokes how we would ping each other in dm) and I was confused so I replied yesterday “Thanks a lot, same to you”. He has seen the message but said nothing else so far.

I have no idea what’s going on and why he acts like this. Could anyone give me some advice on this?

1 hour ago, Be202020 said:

There were only 2-3 times we awkwardly ended up having to talk to each other with some of our mutual friends 

How do you know each other? Is it through a gaming platform, chatgroup, social media or dating app?

What is the understanding of your communications? Friends? Romance?

It's fine that you responded to his greetings in a polite way, but it doesn't really require a response from him.

You get to decide how seriously you want to invest in online fantasy-building with strangers who don't even live close enough to meet in person.

You may want to consider more productive ways to use your creativity during this pandemic. Think of the pride you can take away from learning a new skill beyond creating unnecessary angst for yourself.

Archived