My ex broke up with me

Raven030900

Hello , I was dating my ex for a few months and I was talking to him since April but when I first met his friends and stayed at his house I got so drunk to the point I was insulting him and his friends which I really don’t remember doing and in the morning he broke up with me , his friends now hate me and he doesn’t want to hear my apology and doesn’t trust me because I hurt him so badly , I am very sorry , so upset and very ashamed at what I said and did and I wish I could turn back the clock and redo everything because I really was happy , any advice ?

It's not helpful to believe that we should be forgiven by others for our behavior just because we don't remember it.

I've recently had to end a lifelong friendship with someone who started drinking to the degree that she turned nasty. That's just not something that healthy people are willing to put up with once, much less allow back into their lives.

While it's not useful to split hairs over definitions of alcoholism, it IS important to recognize that any event where alcohol causes a loss of self control means that alcohol is a poison for YOU. 

If you're unable to stop drinking, seek the help you need to do so. If alcohol is not something you regularly consume, then commit to never touching it again--or the outcome could be far worse than losing a BF and a few friends.

Consider yourself lucky to be alive, and make smart choices going forward.

Archived