Been on one date, should l have contact during vacation

elliecake34

A week ago I went out on a date with this guy l met through a mutual friend, after a long time of being either single, or having feelings for someone that doesn’t like me back, or the other way around - l finally felt like for once, it was mutual. He was a bit nervous on a date and so was l after l saw him, was reminded of just how cute/ funny he is (I was that nervous that my throat became dry and l almost choked on a piece of food during our dinner) ..it was overall really nice date he seems super cool, he asked alot of questions about me, we laughed etc. date was short- hour and half and he walked me home afterwards even though it was very cold. He sent a message right away that he had a good time and he hopes to see me soon..I responded with the same and then our communication stopped. I was leaving next day for a month long trip ( that l’m still on) and l don’t know if l should text him something or wait until l return.. l haven’t heard from him at all but l know l have nothing to expect, it’s one date and we’re not in a relationship and l’m away.at the same time l like him and l don’t want him to forget all about me... I also don’t wanna seem too needy lol. What do l do? 

Ok so l went ahead and sent him a text with a picture of snowy scenery where l am last Tuesday and he replied on Wed saying oh how nice, and asking when l’ll be back. I was happy to see that. However once l responded, l asked him about how is he and how his apartment renovation is progressing, he responded nothing. (on WhatsApp- Left on seen) That was a week ago almost.  A bit rude IMO. What do you think? 

17 minutes ago, elliecake34 said:

Ok so l went ahead and sent him a text with a picture of snowy scenery where l am last Tuesday and he replied on Wed saying oh how nice, and asking when l’ll be back. I was happy to see that. However once l responded, l asked him about how is he and how his apartment renovation is progressing, he responded nothing. (on WhatsApp- Left on seen) That was a week ago almost.  A bit rude IMO. What do you think? 

I also think it's rude. I wouldn't contact him again. 

I would have told him "i had a great time. I'll be back in town after X date. call me if you would like to see me again" before you went on a trip -- that way he remembers that you are away and its in his court until you come back.  Anything aside from an invite to a covid appropriate date doesn't mean anything - asking about the weather or whatever.  

4 hours ago, elliecake34 said:

(on WhatsApp- Left on seen) That was a week ago almost.  A bit rude IMO. What do you think?

Well, it certainly isn't a great sign. 

I am admittedly not the best about responding to texts and such. I am forgetful. In fact, I often leave texts unread so that the unread notification reminds me to reply. 

HOWEVER, if I were still in the dating world and I got a text from a guy I was excited to hear from, I wouldn't forget about it!!

He doesn't seem terribly excited about you 😩

So, bleh.

3 minutes ago, abitbroken said:

I would have told him "i had a great time. I'll be back in town after X date. call me if you would like to see me again" before you went on a trip -- that way he remembers that you are away and its in his court until you come back.  Anything aside from an invite to a covid appropriate date doesn't mean anything - asking about the weather or whatever.  

Yeah that makes sense, if l could go back in time l’d do just that

16 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Well, it certainly isn't a great sign. 

I am admittedly not the best about responding to texts and such. I am forgetful. In fact, I often leave texts unread so that the unread notification reminds me to reply. 

HOWEVER, if I were still in the dating world and I got a text from a guy I was excited to hear from, I wouldn't forget about it!!

He doesn't seem terribly excited about you 😩

So, bleh.

l think so too. I will not contact him again. 

I would not read into this whole situation too deeply.  Why not put your own desire to see this guy “on hold?”  You can always re-visit the idea of him when you return.  

The holidays have been really stressful.  I usually communicate (with guys) with Face Time, but decided I will not even pick-up because the mask I have been wearing in the house I am stay at has given me “m-acne,” or mask-acne.  I have been sniping with family members because we are all frustrated to be completely locked down with no stores or restaurants open and freezing rain weather outside.  I have no desire for any romantic encounters at the moment.

You have no idea what could be going on with him.  Message him when you are back and decide then.  Relax.

Yeah l was only reading into it a bit much because it’s the first time in a while l actually liked someone and l got a bit excited. Also this year has been weird and depressing for me and l needed a little bit of positivity. Oh well. You’re right who knows what he’s going through. I still don’t think l’ll text him again

Archived