How to keep seeing things in a positive way?

Pikachu

Hi everyone,

been reading/posting on this forum for 5 years now. Mostly because of my ex-girlfriend and all the troubles that come with the breakup. Been single now for 1,5 year and I’m ready to finally move on.

One of my “best friends” started dating with my ex, knowing that I had a hard time getting over her. Dating with an ex of one my best friends is something I would never even consider, but yeah, that’s me I guess. I can’t pretend it didn’t hurt me, but I guess i just have to look forward.

Since my last gf, I’ve been interested in 2 girls. One gave all the right signs and we texted for a couple of weeks. When we were going to go on a date, she ghosted me all of a sudden. Not really a boost for my confidence :).

Last week I met a new girl, she’s very cute (10/10) and intelligent and I’m interested in her. But I guess she’s out of my league. We have been texting since then, but I get the feeling I’m keeping the conversation alive. She doesn’t text first, so I guess she isn’t that interested. 

I’m 28 now and maybe to focused on finding a gf, but I really want this. I want to move on and fall in love again. But with all the things that happened the last years, I don’t see how things will get better. They seem to worsen over time..

2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Last week I met a new girl, she’s very cute (10/10) and intelligent and I’m interested in her. But I guess she’s out of my league. We have been texting since then, but I get the feeling I’m keeping the conversation alive. She doesn’t text first, so I guess she isn’t that interested. 

Ask her out or to go do something. How can she know you're interested if all you do is text?

Have you tried talking to her on the phone or having a video-chat (personally, prefer this one as you can see the other person's reactions)? It takes more of an effort to do that, in my honest opinion. Thus, shows that you're interested in getting to know her more.

Could you guys go for a walk or is that prohibited at the moment as well?

Some women just don't make the first move and it's ingrained not to because they don't want to look overeager or believe it's the man's job to reach out. It depends on what you prefer. Call her or suggest a video date like previously mentioned. 

I think what separates the men from the boys is the forethought and consideration that comes with pandemic dating. Show her you actually are proactive and considerate. Good luck!

Archived