Don’t want to play games but it looks like that’s what we’re doing

StrawberryCake

I went on a first date with someone I met online dating. Because of COVID it was a nice walk.

after the date we text a little, both said it was nice to meet each other. He sounded very enthusiastic.

Then a week went by without us talking.

So I broke the silence. Sent him a message. Just casual conversation. He responds, but takes a very long time now. And the enthusiasm is all gone.

I like him, he is a nice guy, but not enough to hear back after 2 days and endure his reduced enthusiasm.

what should I do? Just ghost? Ask what’s up? Or tell him that we can both just move on?

12 minutes ago, StrawberryCake said:

I went on a first date with someone I met online dating. Because of COVID it was a nice walk.

after the date we text a little, both said it was nice to meet each other. He sounded very enthusiastic.

So I broke the silence. Sent him a message. Just casual conversation. He responds, but takes a very long time now. And the enthusiasm is all gone.

I like him, he is a nice guy, but not enough to hear back after 2 days and endure his reduced enthusiasm.

what should I do? Just ghost? Ask what’s up? Or tell him that we can both just move on?

Just move on.  If h's interested he knows how to contact you.

53 minutes ago, StrawberryCake said:

This happens a lot with online dating... people meet, maybe have a nice conversation, but decide a few days later they didn't feel the chemistry they were looking for.  You have done your part by reaching out to see what his interest level in continuing the conversation was... given his lack of enthusiasm, you can take that to mean he is not interested in pursing anything further... and given that you just had one date, you are under no obligation to say anything to him about moving on... in fact, in my experience it's generally better if you do move on without saying anything and just focus on the rest of your life.

I agree with the others...he's not interested. If he was he would have asked you out soon after your date. You didn't hear from him and when you reached out, there was nothing.

I hope after you had a good date you message them after to say you had a good time/ thanking them for the date, as a follow up to show interest.