Jump to content

Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

How to know you're addicted to enotalone


Tinydance
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Not me. I don’t find it user friendly at all. 

I felt the same way (and still do in some ways), but I am slowly making progress by persevering and not giving up on what I don't understand.  For me this is hard because I HATE change!  It takes me ages to work my way through everything but once I "get it", then it's all good........ (until the next change, lol).  I am exploring everything and clicking on stuff I've never seen or heard of before.  It's slowly coming together, but the key word here, is slowly

Keep trying Vic.  It will get better as you work through it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

I felt the same way (and still do in some ways), but I am slowly making progress by persevering and not giving up on what I don't understand.  For me this is hard because I HATE change!  It takes me ages to work my way through everything but once I "get it", then it's all good........ (until the next change, lol).  I am exploring everything and clicking on stuff I've never seen or heard of before.  It's slowly coming together, but the key word here, is slowly

Keep trying Vic.  It will get better as you work through it.

The thing is I don’t have a pc , so it is iPhone or iPad it is probably limited 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm used to it because the Shack changed over a few yeas ago to this format. I use my PC more but on my cel it's way better for that.

All things take time. Our brains are all over the place when you are so used to a pattern, but Seraphim, your brain will adjust to it in time.

A tip for those who have the addiction (like myself), have a backup site. Been working the two sites forever, and I see some have crossed over from both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer this site to one I used to frequent. That other site deteriorated to the point where the only thing people were allowed to post as a response was "hugs to you! I'm so sorry you're hurting!" If you posted actual advice (even though the OP asked for advice!) you got an infraction. 

I find this new format slow but overall it's ok. I just have to remember not to accidentally favorite a response or I will see it forever lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

I'm used to it because the Shack changed over a few yeas ago to this format. I use my PC more but on my cel it's way better for that.

All things take time. Our brains are all over the place when you are so used to a pattern, but Seraphim, your brain will adjust to it in time.

A tip for those who have the addiction (like myself), have a backup site. Been working the two sites forever, and I see some have crossed over from both.

I am not on another site so...... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Seraphim said:

My issue isn’t speed at all. It is the fact the layout causes me visual problems which causes headaches. 

Ok. Some of it is similar to most stuff such as text or contacts apps.

But I see what you mean. It's not your eyes. The text styles vary from humongous to tiny. Not sure if the original poster is doing this?

Huge fonts, tiny font size all in one nonsequentially organized thread.

So it's not your eyes. It's various fonts sizes etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. Some of it is similar to most stuff such as text or contacts apps.

But I see what you mean. It's not your eyes. The text styles vary from humongous to tiny. Not sure if the original poster is doing this?

Huge fonts, tiny font size all in one nonsequentially organized thread.

So it's not your eyes. It's various fonts sizes etc 

I do have ocular issues as it more than just text I have issues with. For example if I am stopped for a train I can’t even watch the train moving it feels like I am going to pass out. I look another direction I am fine. I look into my lap or close my eyes I am fine. Look at the train within seconds it feels like I am going to pass out. This is only since my last concussion where I hit the back of my head and knocked myself out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. Some of it is similar to most stuff such as text or contacts apps.

But I see what you mean. It's not your eyes. The text styles vary from humongous to tiny. Not sure if the original poster is doing this?

Huge fonts, tiny font size all in one nonsequentially organized thread.

So it's not your eyes. It's various fonts sizes etc 

Users can and do use different styles, fonts yet 99.9% of this forum is on the same font, size, style... 

Same for the content, vast amount of it is actually not sorted by votes at all.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kamurj said:

Users can and do use different styles, fonts

Where do I access this option on the new site? I remember seeing it on the old forum, but I haven't found on this one yet. I do see that I can make text bold, change the size, and change the color, but I don't see the option for different fonts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Where do I access this option on the new site? I remember seeing it on the old forum, but I haven't found on this one yet. I do see that I can make text bold, change the size, and change the color, but I don't see the option for different fonts. 

The editor, does not have a size option?

See the screenshot, I see an option for size.

 

Screenshot 2020-12-22 172908.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry I misread that Jibralta. And yes, you are actually correct while the size can be adjusted the font face here can't be adjusted in the default editor we use now here. We could change the editor of course and enable it but the default one is great I believe. I actually like that font face can't be changed. Best part is that the fonts and encoding are now unicode which was not the case before.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kamurj said:

I actually like that font face can't be changed.

Doesn't bother me none. I never changed the fonts when I had the option. Just made them bigger/smaller/different color. Basically what's available now.

I just thought I was overlooking some options and was interested in knowing where to find them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Top Discussions this Week

  • Our picks

    • How to tell if a Man REALLY Cares About You (or not!)
      Learn a SUPER easy way to tell if a guy is trying to build a real relationship with you... or if he's just attracted to you and wanting something casual. Does he really love me? How do I know if he wants a relationship? Is he just looking to hook up? I get asked questions like these ALL THE TIME by clients, students and women in my life... so I created a video explaining the KEY QUESTION to ask to determine what a man truly wants, and 5 ways to spot his true motives in his actions.

       
      • 0 replies
    • Will a good man do this for his woman if he loves her?
      Will a good man do this for his woman if he loves her? What to expect from a “GOOD MAN” Some emotional think good men are hard to find. Many women think god men longer exist. As a dating coach I’ve found that the expectations we have and the standards we establish play a big big part in if we will ever find love or marriage. Women often take crap from men because their standards are low. Low standards lead to a lot of romance and sexual engagement but very few quality relationships. The equal and opposite extreme is just as much if a hindrance though. Women having standards that are too high for men to live up to often lead to women failing to find the love they are desperately hoping for. Some women are saving themselves for marriage. For them dating can be even harder because less men these days are willing to wait. In this video we discuss if a good man is willing to wait till marriage.

       
      • 0 replies
    • Prevent Male Manipulation From The Start!!! (First Date Strategies)
      Prevent Male Manipulation From The Start!!! (First Date Strategies)
      • 0 replies
    • Doing THIS Ruins Intimacy With Your Ex
      In this video Clay Andrews discusses the primary cause of a lack of intimacy between you and your ex. There is a lot of advice out there that will tell you that you need to put on an act or play hard to get with your ex in order to get them to like you. However, how are they supposed to actually connect with you and feel an intimate connection if you’re not being honest and transparent yourself? More so, why would they be open and honest with you if you’re putting on an act and pretending to be something or someone you are not? One of the biggest factors in creating intimacy is being willing to take the first step and showing that you are able to pen up yourself.

       
      • 0 replies
    • What it takes to be truly brave - it’s not what you think
      What it takes to be truly brave - it’s not what you think
      • 0 replies
×
×
  • Create New...