Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

How to know you're addicted to enotalone

Tinydance

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Not me. I don’t find it user friendly at all. 

I felt the same way (and still do in some ways), but I am slowly making progress by persevering and not giving up on what I don't understand.  For me this is hard because I HATE change!  It takes me ages to work my way through everything but once I "get it", then it's all good........ (until the next change, lol).  I am exploring everything and clicking on stuff I've never seen or heard of before.  It's slowly coming together, but the key word here, is slowly

Keep trying Vic.  It will get better as you work through it.

21 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

I felt the same way (and still do in some ways), but I am slowly making progress by persevering and not giving up on what I don't understand.  For me this is hard because I HATE change!  It takes me ages to work my way through everything but once I "get it", then it's all good........ (until the next change, lol).  I am exploring everything and clicking on stuff I've never seen or heard of before.  It's slowly coming together, but the key word here, is slowly

Keep trying Vic.  It will get better as you work through it.

The thing is I don’t have a pc , so it is iPhone or iPad it is probably limited 

I'm used to it because the Shack changed over a few yeas ago to this format. I use my PC more but on my cel it's way better for that.

All things take time. Our brains are all over the place when you are so used to a pattern, but Seraphim, your brain will adjust to it in time.

A tip for those who have the addiction (like myself), have a backup site. Been working the two sites forever, and I see some have crossed over from both.

I prefer this site to one I used to frequent. That other site deteriorated to the point where the only thing people were allowed to post as a response was "hugs to you! I'm so sorry you're hurting!" If you posted actual advice (even though the OP asked for advice!) you got an infraction. 

I find this new format slow but overall it's ok. I just have to remember not to accidentally favorite a response or I will see it forever lol.

20 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

I'm used to it because the Shack changed over a few yeas ago to this format. I use my PC more but on my cel it's way better for that.

All things take time. Our brains are all over the place when you are so used to a pattern, but Seraphim, your brain will adjust to it in time.

A tip for those who have the addiction (like myself), have a backup site. Been working the two sites forever, and I see some have crossed over from both.

I am not on another site so...... 

On 12/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Seraphim said:

My issue isn’t speed at all. It is the fact the layout causes me visual problems which causes headaches. 

Ok. Some of it is similar to most stuff such as text or contacts apps.

But I see what you mean. It's not your eyes. The text styles vary from humongous to tiny. Not sure if the original poster is doing this?

Huge fonts, tiny font size all in one nonsequentially organized thread.

So it's not your eyes. It's various fonts sizes etc 

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

But I see what you mean. It's not your eyes. The text styles vary from humongous to tiny. Not sure if the original poster is doing this?

I do have ocular issues as it more than just text I have issues with. For example if I am stopped for a train I can’t even watch the train moving it feels like I am going to pass out. I look another direction I am fine. I look into my lap or close my eyes I am fine. Look at the train within seconds it feels like I am going to pass out. This is only since my last concussion where I hit the back of my head and knocked myself out. 

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Users can and do use different styles, fonts yet 99.9% of this forum is on the same font, size, style... 

Same for the content, vast amount of it is actually not sorted by votes at all.

5 hours ago, kamurj said:

Users can and do use different styles, fonts

Where do I access this option on the new site? I remember seeing it on the old forum, but I haven't found on this one yet. I do see that I can make text bold, change the size, and change the color, but I don't see the option for different fonts. 

2 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Where do I access this option on the new site? I remember seeing it on the old forum, but I haven't found on this one yet. I do see that I can make text bold, change the size, and change the color, but I don't see the option for different fonts. 

The editor, does not have a size option?

See the screenshot, I see an option for size.

Screenshot 2020-12-22 172908.jpg

Sorry I misread that Jibralta. And yes, you are actually correct while the size can be adjusted the font face here can't be adjusted in the default editor we use now here. We could change the editor of course and enable it but the default one is great I believe. I actually like that font face can't be changed. Best part is that the fonts and encoding are now unicode which was not the case before.

10 hours ago, kamurj said:

I actually like that font face can't be changed.

Doesn't bother me none. I never changed the fonts when I had the option. Just made them bigger/smaller/different color. Basically what's available now.

I just thought I was overlooking some options and was interested in knowing where to find them!

Archived