Jump to content

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

Can you please extend the edit time? 

While I am not against it, I also think 5 min. is more than sufficient to review the post before submitting it and make any changes after within 5 min. in case we missed something. I don't see how making it 10 min. is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You gave away all your hearts and I did not get even one?! I adjusted the limits.

sorry for that. It is currently set to 15 minutes, so posts can be edited for up to 15 minutes after posting.

YES!  Definitely dragging on forever and taking ages to load anything.  It actually took so long to post a reply that it completely bombed out with  ........ "sorry, site can't be found".   So frustra

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

The unread content option is no longer working for me.  It keeps telling me there is no unread content which is not accurate.

Did it work for you before? I think this might be related to our search engine being down. I will try to investigate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

The unread content option is no longer working for me.  It keeps telling me there is no unread content which is not accurate.

Did it work for you before? I think this might be related to our search engine being down. I will try to investigate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kamurj said:

Did it work for you before? I think this might be related to our search engine being down. I will try to investigate it.

Actually, it looks like that is a personalized activity stream from content you follow (forums, topics). For me it appears to be working and showing only content I follow.

 

Are you following any topics/threads, they have new replies and they don't show in the Unread content page here https://www.enotalone.com/discover/unread/ ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kamurj said:

Actually, it looks like that is a personalized activity stream from content you follow (forums, topics). For me it appears to be working and showing only content I follow.

 

Are you following any topics/threads, they have new replies and they don't show in the Unread content page here https://www.enotalone.com/discover/unread/ ?

I'm not "following" any threads or topics and never have.  This feature worked for me for the past few days but stopped working today.  It just keeps telling me there is no new content and no new replies although there are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kamurj said:

Actually, it looks like that is a personalized activity stream from content you follow (forums, topics). For me it appears to be working and showing only content I follow.

 

Are you following any topics/threads, they have new replies and they don't show in the Unread content page here https://www.enotalone.com/discover/unread/ ?

I'm not "following" any threads or topics and never have.  This feature worked for me for the past few days but stopped working today.  It just keeps telling me there is no new content and no new replies although there are.

OK, it just now started working again.  Go figure lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kamurj said:

While I am not against it, I also think 5 min. is more than sufficient to review the post before submitting it and make any changes after within 5 min. in case we missed something. I don't see how making it 10 min. is better.

I always take forever to edit. Way longer than 5 minutes, definitely longer than 10. Sometimes I remember something 20 minutes later and it's nice to be able to go back and work it into my response.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I always take forever to edit. Way longer than 5 minutes, definitely longer than 10. Sometimes I remember something 20 minutes later and it's nice to be able to go back and work it into my response.

I think that's kind of hard for people who read the response though.  They don't typically go back and reread and then realize someone re-worded what they said, so there can be a lot of miscommunication with allowing people to edit for a long timeframe.  

Having a shorter editing time prevents someone from saying something, and then being able to deny it (I'm guessing) later on?  I could be wrong, but it does seem like it would cut down on miscommunications.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it never occurred to me that people would actually get confused over that! I've been on forums where the edit function was never locked, and nobody seemed confused when a post changed, even when it was quoted. I think everybody understood that an edit was made.

 

Edited by Jibralta
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On this website that is not my experience Jibralta. I saw the edit function used and abused here many times including using it to erase entire posts/threads and leaving behind meaningless pages. Certainly, many will use it rationally and reasonably but some will abuse it. I think reviewing the post before posting, having 5 min. to double check it is more than sufficient. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Wow, it never occurred to me that people would actually get confused over that! I've been on forums where the edit function was never locked, and nobody seemed confused when a post changed, even when it was quoted. I think everybody understood that an edit was made.

 

I know I tend to read too fast, which isn't good (it's totally my fault if I don't understand someone then).  But then I also don't usually go back and re-read because I don't usually have that time and feel like I already understood what they were trying to say the first time. 

But say 20 minutes later, someone edits what I've already read, I'm not usually going to go back and make sure I didn't see them edit it.  It's very confusing and I think I caught that happening on my journal and only then I realized (OH they edited it!).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the edit function primarily after I post from my phone, because my phone likes to change words, use incorrect spelling and add and delete spaces and letters at will.

And I agree, those who delete their original posts  because they didn't like the responses aren't all that common.  That's when the "reply with quote" function is so very handy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else still finding it's reeaally sloooow?  Everything is taking ages to load/post etc. 

As to the editing, I have to admit I think 5 minutes is really not enough time. I sometimes only notice an error, or spelling mistakes etc 10 minutes after posting.  Perhaps 15 minutes wouldn't be too unreasonable?  Please?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

Is anyone else still finding it's reeaally sloooow?  Everything is taking ages to load/post etc. 

As to the editing, I have to admit I think 5 minutes is really not enough time. I sometimes only notice an error, or spelling mistakes etc 10 minutes after posting.  Perhaps 15 minutes wouldn't be too unreasonable?  Please?

It's still a bit slow but not too bad for me at least. I find that if I use the browser's back button to get back to the main page, it will go quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

Is anyone else still finding it's reeaally sloooow?  Everything is taking ages to load/post etc. 

As to the editing, I have to admit I think 5 minutes is really not enough time. I sometimes only notice an error, or spelling mistakes etc 10 minutes after posting.  Perhaps 15 minutes wouldn't be too unreasonable?  Please?

I'm a fan of 15 minutes.

It's still slow for me, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kamurj said:

While I am not against it, I also think 5 min. is more than sufficient to review the post before submitting it and make any changes after within 5 min. in case we missed something. I don't see how making it 10 min. is better.

There have times when  i have misread a post and changed my response.  is 15 minutes really a problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried to edit and it cut me off.  It can take more than a few minutes to edit.     

 

I was trying to say that I occasionally scan the posts too quickly, and respond in the wrong way.   Also, while using the phone I make more misspelling than usual.   

Edited by Hollyj
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

Is anyone else still finding it's reeaally sloooow?  Everything is taking ages to load/post etc. 

As to the editing, I have to admit I think 5 minutes is really not enough time. I sometimes only notice an error, or spelling mistakes etc 10 minutes after posting.  Perhaps 15 minutes wouldn't be too unreasonable?  Please?

I agree that a 15 min window for editing would be much more manageable and easier to adapt to.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • kamurj unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • kamurj pinned this topic
  • kamurj unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...