Have I Formed a Toxic Friendship?

Astrogirl

I think the lesson here is don't friend projects. Just like don't date a project. It is sad to see a person with no friends or having a hard time. And its admirable to want to help a person but some people are in their situation at there own cause. Referring to social services etc is the best an unqualified person can do. You're seeing now why maybe this guy is unsuccessful with relationships. He acts like a nut and makes people uncomfortable.

I think you can unfollow or silence his notifications on social media. I don't know. I am not on social media. Shocking! I know😄 but to be honest, social media is not for me. Once I got away from it, life got better. Real friends know what's happening in my life. If you don't know me well enough to have my number, you don't know me.

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is phone calls as well, as I explained above.

I think I invested too much time in helping this man, when his intentions towards me are not as good. I feel I have learned a lesson and have decided to back away without becoming hostile or compromising my own good character.

It is phone calls as well, as I explained above.

I think I invested too much time in helping this man, when his intentions towards me are not as good. I feel I have learned a lesson and have decided to back away without becoming hostile or compromising my own good character.

Good deal.

I don't necessarily think you have a crush on him, but I do think you have enjoyed knowing he was interested in you. Hence why it bugs you when he goes silent or doesn't speak to you the way he once did. We don't normally think of platonic friends as "playing" us or get upset when they take a couple days to respond. The fact that you seem reluctant to block this weirdo, especially after he still made advances and thus disrespected your marriage, is very telling.

Keep in mind you have no idea if what he tells you about himself is true. You have no clue how much he might have manipulated you into feeling sorry for him so you'd continue talking to him. You need to be more wary and sensible if you are going to try to befriend internet strangers, Astrogirl.

I second this entire post.

Also, if he phones, you CAN block his number. Far too many excuses, OP.