I don't know if I should keep fighting for my marriage

Are you with trusted friends and family now? Divorce is not "messy stuff". Talking to an attorney is crucial with regard to protecting your child.

Unfortunately many people go back to abusive relationships because they are still hoping the nightmare magically turns into a fairy tale.

This is called cognitive dissonance. Google it.

I'm with my family.

I have talked to an attorney and the social services.

The law in my country makes it impossible for a small child to not be with his mother.

I've been advised to stay calm and not take any actions. So, I'm going to just let them beat their heads and figure out what they are going to do.It's about time that they feel the consequences of their behaviour.

Bile. I have just been re-reading your original post. It was so unfortunate that you got entangled with this individual and his equally awful family. The word "consequences" doesn't figure largely in the vocabulary of such people. Again I am so glad to read that you got away. The fact that you are afraid of these individuals is quite chilling. Do not let the idea even cross your mind of returning to this person.

You have managed to break free. Please take every professional advice you can get.

The best of luck to you.

The word "consequences" doesn't figure largely in the vocabulary of such people.

I agree. Such people typically shunt the blame to others (you!). Don't hold your breath waiting for them to recognize their own errors! And steel yourself to be branded as the bad guy in their eyes.

Don't worry about them. Keep your eyes forward and stay safe within the protection of your family. Focus on yourself and your child.

I'm with my family.

I have talked to an attorney and the social services.

The law in my country makes it impossible for a small child to not be with his mother.

I've been advised to stay calm and not take any actions. So, I'm going to just let them beat their heads and figure out what they are going to do.It's about time that they feel the consequences of their behaviour.

Do you think there's a chance they will try kidnapping your child? Is that the fear here?

I'm not trying sound alarmist, but that really does happen, way more often than one would think.

Archived