Open Club  ·  72 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

RIP Sean Connery

Seraphim

Ok. Debbie downer here. I had to refresh my memory of him.

Aside from my Dad having met him several times at celebrity golf tournaments my dad would marshall, he was a big name in my home growing up.

He hit his wife and in a public interview defending it '

'you don't need to hit her like a man. A slap will do'

Years later in a Barbara Walters interview, she brought it up and he stood unabashedly behind it ' you know how women can be . .needing to get the last word in.. . sometimes it's justified'

Funny how we can have selective memory about such things. Especially when it comes to celebrities.

I know I do. But not this guy. Probably because my Dad brought home once.

Somethings I just can't erase.

I don't think many are aware, and so it was good to mention it, reinvent. Yes, he was a good actor, BUT he has hit more than one woman and he did an interview with Barbara Walters saying that 'sometimes you have to slap a woman'. (check out the interview on Youtube).

He also suggested to other men that when you hit a woman, hit her with an open hand and not a fist as it will leave less marks.

I just want people to be aware of ALL the information on someone before you decide they are worthy of your praise and respect.

I would never call any man a "legend" if he's the same man who feels he has a right to slap or hit woman. It's not okay and it never will be.

Ok. Debbie downer here. I had to refresh my memory of him.

Aside from my Dad having met him several times at celebrity golf tournaments my dad would marshall, he was a big name in my home growing up.

He hit his wife and in a public interview defending it '

'you don't need to hit her like a man. A slap will do'

Years later in a Barbara Walters interview, she brought it up and he stood unabashedly behind it ' you know how women can be . .needing to get the last word in.. . sometimes it's justified'

Funny how we can have selective memory about such things. Especially when it comes to celebrities.

I know I do. But not this guy. Probably because my Dad brought home once.

Somethings I just can't erase.

I remember that... I actually looked it up a couple months ago and it had been all glossed over, like he never had that opinion.

I'm sure I'll never find that bit now, lol. Funny how the ocean of information is ever-changing....

My boyfriend just said today, "Let's not look too closely at the people we admire artistically..." after I told him about some bizarre thing I read about Phil Collins.

ANYWAY, I enjoyed Sean Connery in movies. Loved him in Red October (one of my all-time favorites), The Untouchables, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

He was one of those people who (to me) became more attractive in middle age than he was in youth.

He only had 'balls' to admit that publicly because his ego was so huge he thought he had a right to and no one would say anything. He was a total a hole...I'm sorry, but he was.

As for him being a 'man', bull. He was a child who had zero control over his anger and emotions. He thought he should have his own way all the time and didn't care who he hurt in the process.

Even if it meant slapping around a few women in his lifetime.

I have no respect for anyone who hits and thinks they have a right to or are so up their own butt that they think they're some kind of god.

Archived