Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Rip Eddie Van Halen

Seraphim

I heard. That's sad.

I told the kid I work with. He's a lot younger, so first I asked, "Do you know who Eddie Van Halen is?"

He said, "Yeah, he's a singer, right?"

I was like, "Close. He was a guitar player."

LOL.

1984 was big when I was a kid. I always picture the young Eddie Van Halen, with the long hair. He had a friendly face.

I forget that he aged and got older.

Still too young to die.

Where I live in California many of us knew Eddie before fame hit. We'd attend backyard parties where they played and rocked hard.

It was a fun time to be alive listening to Van Halen in a backyard, $2 cover charge, and a $2 beer in hand.

RIP

So cool!!

My Eddie Van Halen story - I was subbing a kindergarten in around 1990. Back then kindergarten still had a nap time. Well these kids didn't want to nap and weren't going to listen to a sub but I was determined. So I finally got them on their mats, resting and went over to the boom box to press play -their regular teacher had written that I should play some quiet music. Well I forgot that the cassette tape of Dancing in the Street was in there. Blasting. Dance party ensued; nap time over........

so cool!!

My eddie van halen story - i was subbing a kindergarten in around 1990. Back then kindergarten still had a nap time. Well these kids didn't want to nap and weren't going to listen to a sub but i was determined. So i finally got them on their mats, resting and went over to the boom box to press play -their regular teacher had written that i should play some quiet music. Well i forgot that the cassette tape of dancing in the street was in there. Blasting. Dance party ensued; nap time over........

lol.......

Archived