How to avoid feeling lonely while I work on myself?

I love that and sometimes do that before bed. I can't at this point in my life because I want to get my workout out of the way before my son gets up if possible and I have limited time to get him ready for school. For me I always worry -just slightly these days -that if I don't get up right away I'll lose motivation to work out. If I wake up too early and it's not safe to go outside (in pre covid days I'd simply go down to the fitness room, sigh) then often I'll read instead of grab my phone which also feels fulfilling in the way you described!

I admire your dedication for exercise. Mine is more an afternoon endeavour while I'm typically also doing something else or a two hour walk. I can't get over how a long walk solves so much frustration and pent up upset over big and little things. It's really helped me cope and work through a lot of negative emotions - it's as if just getting things moving and in motion sorts things into place and sifts the good from the bad for me. Your work out routine sounds like this works for you and such a rewarding way to have some time to yourself before the family needs your help or attention too.

I admire your dedication for exercise. Mine is more an afternoon endeavour while I'm typically also doing something else or a two hour walk. I can't get over how a long walk solves so much frustration and pent up upset over big and little things. It's really helped me cope and work through a lot of negative emotions - it's as if just getting things moving and in motion sorts things into place and sifts the good from the bad for me. Your work out routine sounds like this works for you and such a rewarding way to have some time to yourself before the family needs your help or attention too.

Yes - downside is setting the alarm but it's ok. I agree about walking! Also you're using both sides of your body in a coordinated way. I speed walk -almost a run as far as speed - and I try to do core exercises and leg/arm work while doing it -then stretching in the elevator after! I also listen to NPR -public radio so that's really good company. OP I recommend getting outdoors and movement in a way that works for you. Such a godsend.

Hi! Op

In reply to your response. It is cool to come across finding someone with the exact same illness you have. This is the first for me on this forum.

I’ve been writing poetry and the story I’m working on is a light hearted romance fiction.

People tell me this constantly and I think it applies here for you as well. Once you’ve began working on yourself physically and mentally things will just happen. Timing is everything.

• Like 1