My boyfriend suddenly stopped talking to me

jaejefe

Hi guys,

Things have been rocky in my relationship. For a while, my boyfriend (now ex) has been projecting his pass issues with his ex’s on me and it has become draining. He also seems to do a lot of manipulating and never takes accountability. There have been instances where I feel like he has lied because certain situations didn’t sound right, and he likes to exaggerate a lot. He also told me he was insecure.

Fast forward..........

Me and my boyfriend (which I now consider an ex) we’re dating for a year and a half. In August, we got into an argument and I told him that I was going to marry someone else. This wasn’t intentional, I was just mad at the time during the argument and it came out. We were also talking about possible plans such as taking a break in case things didn’t work out. Fast forward, after the argument I could tell that the text messages were off days later. I asked him if everything was okay and he said “I thought it was decided from the conversation we were friends.” I apologized to him three 3 or more times for what I said during the argument, and I let him know that I never broke up with him. We were only discussing possibilities IF things did not work out. I never broke it off with him or ended the relationship. After having that conversation with him through text he didn’t speak to me for 5 days. After the 5 days, he eventually came and wanted to meet up and talk about the situation. He kept pressing the issue about what I had said during the argument about marrying someone else. He also told me that he doesn’t like us talking about breaking up, or doing things similar to what his ex’s have done. By the way, what I said was provoked, it wasn’t said for no reason. After meeting up with him, I told him let’s take things slow; which he agreed upon doing. We were texting for some days and I thought we were taking things slow, and then he stopped responding to me. I was trying to do the grown up thing and reach out one last time to meet up and talk again. He responded and said “hey sorry, I couldn’t get off work in time and I seen your call. We can meet up soon for dinner if you would like”. I asked him if Labor Day weekend was okay and he never responded. I didn’t text him after that. It’s been almost three weeks since I heard from him. Why would he say he wants to work things out and suddenly communication? I’m very confused and hurt. I’ve been trying to figure out what has happened for him to drop sudden communication.

FYI: there has been plenty of times where he has said hurtful things to me and I sucked it up and kept it pushing in the relationship.

Archived