Open Club  ·  25 members  ·  Free

Journals

Tom's Journal - Becoming the man I've always wanted to be

Oh no! Praying hard for Lass. Beautiful creature that she is. She must be a little confused being left at home? How are you doing? The hikes look ridiculously amazing. I drove out the other day to do a hike along one of the rivers in Hope/Agassiz. It was so sunny and everything was sparkling. Being out was refreshing. 

So far doing 2-3 runs in the day to keep up the momentum. I have too much energy. Keep it up! Such great shots too.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate I've been quiet over the last few weeks. We've been ok, I just haven't had the desire to really post anything. Almost two weeks ago we had a horrendous hike. Bad weather, misjudging

I hope everyone has had a nice Christmas so far. Lass hasn't been too well. The day after our hike she began vomiting, followed by diarrhoea. I called at the vets on Christmas Eve who recommended

Another from yesterday. Looking towards the Scafell range. I'll do a full write up later.

Posted Images

First day back teaching after Christmas.....then at 20:00 the Prime Minister announces full lockdown (including schools) until the end of February at least. Now scrambling around emailing parents trying to organise teaching.

Hoping all continue to have lessons.......🤞🤞🤞

Going to bed.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Ian4996 said:

How's your dog now Tom? Weight loss still going well?

Thanks for asking Ian. Her tummy issues are back to normal so the antibiotics worked. She's her normal self at the moment, currently looking out of the window at the snow falling!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LaHermes said:

So glad to hear Lass has recovered, and ready for more interesting hikes.

Thanks LaH
Yes, we are doing a local one tomorrow. Back in November I set up a Facebook page to document my 'journey' and I've had a lot of really good feedback. One suggestion has been that I write a book......which I've started today!

Things are feeling positive!

Edited by Dalesboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great DB! Absolutely terrific and if it is to contain illustrations you can do no better than those wonderful photos you have taken up there in the mountains.  Good luck! 

Despite everything I feel 2021 is going to be a good year. 

• Like 1

7 mile local walk today. Temperature hovered around '0' so a number of places were very icy. Some bits felt a bit of a slog....but it's good for my fitness, and will help for when I get back to the big mountains in the spring.

ErUbsEJXMAIm2Hw.thumb.jpeg.0ad442b3b3938f95466f2a3ba36a2709.jpeg

ErUbsENXAAA3Y0I.thumb.jpeg.db2f8664c74adf4c7fdfbad91282684a.jpeg

ErUbsKrWMAcit9T.thumb.jpeg.cf808158bb65269144d7390104e25fe0.jpeg

ErSbzuaXUAkjUQX.thumb.jpeg.88ec97adba30bf6040d7bcc51e170921.jpeg