Should I invite her or not?

Laura1laura

"Sonia", "Alana", and I are good friends. S and A have known each other for over a decade and are best friends, and although I have only known them for 2 years and am not as close to them as they are to each other, I still fit in and it never feels awkward.

We have had many good times together. I remember wild nights, sleepovers, deep conversations, long car rides around town. I, being on the autism spectrum, have always had trouble making friends, and I am very grateful I've met them on my college campus. They have been very understanding about my mental issues, and have been very kind and loyal.

Sonia and I are different in many ways - she is an outgoing, tall and beautiful blonde who resembles a Victoria's Secret model. I am short, brunette, and awkward, get called "pretty" a lot but still suffer with confidence issues. Although we are both 21, we are in very different places in life. She graduated college a year early and and got married last February. I recently graduated college (summer 2020).

I had moved across the country for college - I come from a wealthy family living in an affluent town, and am a "trust fund baby". I travel with my family a lot, almost always around Christmastime/ New Year. I'd always tell my friends about my vacations, and they'd comment on how lucky I am, and the only reason I never invited them along was because I knew they would have other plans for the holiday season. However, when going on those trips, I would always wish my friends were there with me.

Since Sonia got married and moved to a new house, Alana and I haven't seen Sonia as often as we used to, but we are still very close. I am very happy for her and her husband.

Alana has never dated anyone before. My boyfriend broke up with me in December 2018, and I haven't dated anyone since.

My family has been planning a "graduation party trip" for me outside of the country, set to take place in October. I would really like my friends to be there. They are really important to me and I have always wanted to go on a vacation with them.

Would it be okay to invite Sonia on a trip to ANOTHER COUNTRY without her husband? If not, and if I don't invite her, but only invite Alana, would that be rude?

What would be the best way to go about this.

Archived