Great friendship, is it worth it?

Update: I asked her if she would like to date, she said yeah but take it slow, it went shy and awkward when I asked, I kinda knew it would heh. I asked her at the end of the date and we hugged and parted ways, nothing romantic, maybe I missed my shot to kiss her here but oh well, I'm glad I asked. I text her after saying have a think and let me know and so far no response, you guys think I should give her time or make another date and just kiss her? either way, we need to break into being intimate to give it ago.

Congratulations! So far, so good.

What is her personality? Does she tend to be on the shy side? Has she had a lot of experience with dating/relationships or is it new to her?

Slow and steady wins the race. Go at her pace, making sure she knows you care for her and value her. As long as you keep having a good time together, that's positive. When it's time for a kiss, you'll know. Don't overthink it, go with the flow, and most importantly, have fun.

Update: I asked her if she would like to date, she said yeah but take it slow, it went shy and awkward when I asked, I kinda knew it would heh. I asked her at the end of the date and we hugged and parted ways, nothing romantic, maybe I missed my shot to kiss her here but oh well, I'm glad I asked. I text her after saying have a think and let me know and so far no response, you guys think I should give her time or make another date and just kiss her? either way, we need to break into being intimate to give it ago.

You told her to have a think. About what? whether its alright to kiss her? Whether she wanted to date you?

No, you don't need to break into being intimate to give it a go. You need to go on dates without stopping by someone's parents, without talking about work on them, etc.

If you told her to think if she wants to go out again, don't ask her -- let her give you the greenlight because that is what you asked her to do.

Remember, the idea of actually dating you is new. don't be the older fast guy.