'

How many dates did you wait before sleeping together? WOULD LOVE YOUR ANSWERS

Intuition is very important. Something told you to question whether having sex right now was the right time or not, and pushed you to make this thread as well.

That's intuition telling you that it's not the right time.

It doesn't mean that sex is far off or that he won't be a good guy to date long term, both could be true. It only means that something inside of you isn't sure if it's the right time, right now.

You're being smart in making sure you know what you want. When the time is right, you won't question it at all. You'll just know.

• Like 1

For myself, I don't believe in sleeping first, asking questions later.

I bond when I'm sexual, so it's really important for me to learn and decide carefully about who, exactly, I want to bond WITH.

That means I take as long as it takes to get to know someone well enough for an honest conversation about where we stand with one another--and where I want to stand.

If I'm not clear about any of the above, I'm not sexual until I AM clear.

• Like 1

^

I'm with Cat on this one.

On the other hand, I have to wonder if some see it as a requirement to be having sex simply because they're dating. What about waiting to see if there's some level of attraction first?

Or....... maybe I'm out of the loop?

^

I'm with Cat on this one.

On the other hand, I have to wonder if some see it as a requirement to be having sex simply because they're dating. What about waiting to see if there's some level of attraction first?

Or....... maybe I'm out of the loop?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, requirement-shmirement. That's a perfect screening device. If someone doesn't want to get to know me as a human-first, potential-GF later, then he's already not in the right head-space for me.

No mental simpatico means no sexual encounters. It's that simple for me.

Uh.... still waiting? :friendly_wink:

Sex brings up a whole lot of issues to a relationship. It ups the ante not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. There is no time table, no deadline. It should be done when the time is right for both sides. If your partner cares, they will understand. Once it is right, you'll know.

• Like 1
For myself, I don't believe in sleeping first, asking questions later.

I bond when I'm sexual, so it's really important for me to learn and decide carefully about who, exactly, I want to bond WITH.

That means I take as long as it takes to get to know someone well enough for an honest conversation about where we stand with one another--and where I want to stand.

If I'm not clear about any of the above, I'm not sexual until I AM clear.

PREACH. wow...... yeah, i 100% agree with you. just an update, he asked me to dinner... we went out on a dinner date and he told me he saw this as leading up to something serious and defenitly doesnt see this as a fling. So thats a good sign but even that answer to me was unclear so I've concluded I'm just going to wait it out some more.

PREACH. wow...... yeah, i 100% agree with you. just an update, he asked me to dinner... we went out on a dinner date and he told me he saw this as leading up to something serious and defenitly doesnt see this as a fling. So thats a good sign but even that answer to me was unclear so I've concluded I'm just going to wait it out some more.

Watch the feet- what he does- not the lips- what he says. Watch the feet over a long period of time.