He says I'm moaning & I want to know what you think

So if your kid does something you don't like, will he tell you to get rid of the kid? I'm not sure where you are, but every restaurant where I am must wear gloves and masks, especially the servers, packers and delivery drivers. I live in an epicenter for COVID-19, and never once disinfected the take out boxes. There is zero proof contamination comes from takeout, or we'd all be sick. Maybe time to scale back on takeout, or stop disinfecting the boxes - just don't eat out of them if that's the issue. Put them into your own plates and bowls. And move the cat's bowls.

So if your kid does something you don't like, will he tell you to get rid of the kid? I'm not sure where you are, but every restaurant where I am must wear gloves and masks, especially the servers, packers and delivery drivers. I live in an epicenter for COVID-19, and never once disinfected the take out boxes. There is zero proof contamination comes from takeout, or we'd all be sick. Maybe time to scale back on takeout, or stop disinfecting the boxes - just don't eat out of them if that's the issue. Put them into your own plates and bowls. And move the cat's bowls.

At our local fast food place -high end fast food -they wear gloves and also touch their hair and faces etc. So I don't disinfect the boxes or wrappers. I handle them with a barrier like a piece of paper towel and repackage them at home. I don't eat from the containers. There is no or very remote risk from the food but more so -still lower than other forms- from the containers particularly if the handlers are sick and not practicing clean procedures.

If there is a concern about food contamination, reheat in the oven. I mean, I'm not worried about people touching hair or their face. They've got their orifices covered. Masks in New York have been working out well with less than 1% infection rate here. So far, so good.

Deleted because it had nothing to do with the OP or the topic. Sorry, OP, if you ever come back I apologize for hijacking!

Same. I'm just too on edge these days when it comes to disinfectant and food safety - got way off track and deleted my response too.

• 3 months later...

A risk with getting into this habit is that we don’t actually express what’s on our mind: we just find things to complain about as a way of generally venting annoyance. But there’s usually a core reason behind negative feelings: being able to identify this is important if you want to address it.