Why do I feel so low, after what she's doing?

Sorry to hear that. She obviously has a better lawyer who quickly file for child support on your kids behalf. However marital assets are a divorce thing, not a child support thing. Notice she had the courts send you this, if you defy it you could be in trouble. Unlike that lame thing your lawyer sent her.

You'll need a decent divorce attorney to file for legal separation, to start the division of assets and start separating bills, debts, etc. One way or the other have to pay for the place. But if her name is still on the lease/deed, she's still on the hook as long as you are legally married.

Unfortunately she lawyered up and with an efficient get to the point attorney. You need to fire that lazy hag you hired, who simply had her secretary send out some lame latter. You now know she has a good attorney so you need to find someone competent or you'll be blindsided.

The thing about all that, and I do agree on the separation thing, is that my wife is adamant that she hasn't had any legal advice, other than obviously now speaking to the child maintenance service. She even told my solicitor that she knows her rights and is refusing to pay for any legal representation, so I don't really know what she's doing/thinking!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly Wiseman. And that's what we've been saying, OP. Get a proper solicitor! (I chose my solicitor carefully, been named the best solicitor in my county for the past three years . Not!

Letters to and fro are meaningless.

"She obviously has a better lawyer who quickly file for child support on your kids behalf. However marital assets are a divorce thing, not a child support thing. Notice she had the courts send you this, if you defy it you could be in trouble. Unlike that lame thing your lawyer sent her.

You'll need a decent divorce attorney to file for legal separation, to start the division of assets and start separating bills, debts, etc. One way or the other have to pay for the place. But if her name is still on the lease/deed, she's still on the hook as long as you are legally married.

Unfortunately she lawyered up and with an efficient get to the point attorney. You need to fire that lazy hag you hired, who simply had her secretary send out some lame latter. You now know she has a good attorney so you need to find someone competent or you'll be blindsided."

Come to think of it she may not have had to go any further than her nearest CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau). They would very quickly advise her of her rights and other legalities.

Edited by LaHermes
  • Like 1

The thing about all that, and I do agree on the separation thing, is that my wife is adamant that she hasn't had any legal advice, other than obviously now speaking to the child maintenance service. She even told my solicitor that she knows her rights and is refusing to pay for any legal representation, so I don't really know what she's doing/thinking!

This is irrelevant. Get a proper solicitor, one who will actually DO something. Otherwise you will find yourself out of luck on the child custody and divorce arrangements.

• Like 1