She is smart, generally nice if the circumstances permit, caring, and helpful in times of need. She was everything I wanted out of a woman and I messed up. I apologized profusely and she never accepted. At the end I really had nothing going for me because my business was in flux and my emotional stability was completely gone. When times were good, I felt like I was extremely empathetic to her situations. I could really relate to her on many different levels.

I messed up. I apologized profusely and she never accepted.

I'm sorry to hear about this. It'll take time for this to sink in. Give yourself more time. Don't pursue her. Take care of yourself more. The more you struggle and live in denial, the worse it is.

Keep your chin up and your feet firmly planted on the ground. It'll take awhile to adjust.

I told my ex to never contact me again after he repeatedly messaged me against my wishes.

It's been 15 years. I still don't want him contacting me ever again.

What I think isn't clear to you is she doesn't share the same fond feelings about the relationship that you do. She views it as something she doesn't want to return to.

You can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be with you.

I bet there's a woman out there somewhere who would love to be with someone like you. Why keep trying with someone who makes it clear she isn't interested in reconciling?

I know, you love her. But she doesn't feel the same anymore.

What I’m saying is time & distance can make a change.

What you keep missing is that it seems she's made up her mind and has no intention of coming back. Also be aware that during the "time and distance" she could find someone else better suited to her.

Time to learn to accept that it's over and leave her be.

No offense OP but what you are saying in your defense is what stalkers say.

As a woman whose told guys no and they continue to proceed in their harassment I too threaten the police! In fact one ex after I broke it off emailed me ten emails a day, every day, for two week! I couldn’t figure out the new Yahoo update at the time and couldn’t block him. I had to delete and block him on everything. I still will hear from him on a new social media platform occasionally. He says what you say and it makes me be even that much angrier.

I think you let her be and move on. There’s no way to get her back, face the facts.

I get it. I know I need to let go. I’m just hoping she will reach out one day. I don’t want to consistently pester her. I think you all have the wrong idea. I definitely panicked when we first broke up and over contacted her but she responded somewhat positively at first. The reaching out to the family was way over the line though.

This is over, OP. You still don't get it if you're searching for advice to get her back. She has said no repeatedly. Listen to her; believe her.

Work on you. Then you will better prepared if the opportunity to start a new relationship comes along. It won't be with her, but there might be a better match out there for you. If you want to stay single forever, then that's your prerogative too. But at least you'll be in a better emotional place to live your life on your terms.

OKay, so if one day she does decide to reach out, say in a years time, what will she find? Someone that has been sitting by the phone, pining for her for the past year? or perhaps someone who has bothered her month after month after month and not able to get over her? Or someone who is strong in himself, able to move on and get on with his life and is better for the relationship having been in the past?