How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

Tinbai

Quite so, Fudgie. Though I daresay those domestic situations were already problematic long before the virus hit. A story for another day.

https://www2.hse.ie/wellbeing/mental-health/covid-19/minding-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html

OCD and coronavirus

If you have OCD, you may develop an intense fear of:

catching coronavirus

causing harm to others

things not being in order

Fear of being infected by the virus may mean you become obsessed with:

hand hygiene

cleanliness

avoiding certain situations, such as using public transport

Washing your hands

The compulsion to wash your hands or clean may get stronger. If you have recovered from this type of compulsion in the past, it may return.

Follow the advice above. Wash your hands properly and often, but you do not need to do more than recommended.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh i forgot to add stopped watching CNN, BBC, Fox daily it just adds to the anxiety and fear.

Self care , self motivation, yoga meditation exercises to keep yourself wee bit fit is also a key to get through this.

have you thought of doing some online jobs, may be work up on the linkedin profile a bit and start applying, quite a lot of free courses on udemy and linkedin am not sure what is your area of interests here, work up on it slowly.

I have really cut back on tv news, doesn't matter the channel. It's all too depressing and monotonous. I'm good for about 5-10 mins then I need to switch to something else. My husband likes to watch all of the news, so I just find something else to do.

I am trying my best to just deal, one day at a time. I'm alone most of the time. I already was a homebody and introvert to begin the lockdown. But this is too much of a good thing....

My area has opened up somewhat, but I'm still staying home. I feel like I'm the only one! I get a little jealous. Some of my friends have no fears and have just gone back to doing whatever... parties, restaurants, travels.....But that's their choice.

with so much alone time, its hard to get out of my head! I have work... which is no change. I worked from home before. I read, nap, watch tv, create, journal and do all kinds of little rituals of my own making....

The guy I met prior to the lockdown is still around. Fortunately, we agree that things opened too quickly and we're both choosing to continue to stay home. We have had the occassional outdoor meet up.

But its hard. Its boring then at times very emotional. with everything happening from covid to the protesting, all the angry tones... Everything is political even the pandemic. It's sad.

I'm still staying safer at home too, Lambert. I too am alone.

My state is very, very bad. People screamed to be allowed to go to bars and to Applebee's and they desperately needed to have their eyebrows done. They don't believe in Covid because no one they know has it, plus only old people get it and more people die from cancer and the government doesn't shut everything down! They have the right to crowd the beaches and they must go to the mall to buy a new dress to wear to the club.

I'm truly dreading going back to work on site, but I almost feel like I might be safer there than at the grocery store. At least my workplace requires masks and temperature checks. And people are not allowed to gather in crowds.

I agree, Hermes. The domestic violence situations were not good situations even prior to lockdown. People didn't go from loving spouses to wife beaters overnight. However, many situations weren't quite as volitale as they are now because people had places to go, including other family members' homes. Now, nothing. Everyone is stuck in one spot still.

I am just trying to focus on school. I look forward to a brighter future but I think many, many more people will die before we get there. Just hope none of them are people I care about, that's all I can hope for at this point.

Getting drunk tonight by myself. I studied and played video games and went for a walk. I will probably polish off a whole bottle of wine through the course of the night and then crash.

I'm thinking along the lines of this will get worse, before it gets better. One step forward, and two back.

define worse than this and there goes anxiety out like bolt.

have a feeling that many of us might have had mild symptoms and recovered during this lockdown like how the scientific researsh says people with blood group A are more susceptible to this and O positive people have more survival chances.

Many theories exists but we still dont know even if vaccines are out how long it can protect us. The shots have a small window to test not sure how reliable they are either...more scary if it causes harm to us.

how the scientific researsh says people with blood group A are more susceptible to this and O positive people have more survival chances.

Oh I read that article also.

Half my family are type As!

I don't watch the media much anymore either. There's so much inflection and tone and it drones on and on for something that can be said in two sentences.

Mostly do a lot of reading and news articles.

Yes, Spawn. Many people have had a mild variety of the disease and effectively didn't know they had it at the time. Even mild is quite unpleasant and a feature seems to be that those who got the mild version reported experiencing in particular ongoing fatigue or extreme tiredness for months after.

Our health department here stated that 90% of fatalities already had an underlying health condition.

I had seen that piece about the blood type. (I am an 0 Positive). I suppose the research needs to be fully proven.

They found that individuals with blood types in the A group (A-positive, A-negative and AB-positive, AB-negative) were at a higher risk of contracting the disease compared with non-A-group types. People with O blood types (O-negative and O-positive) had a lower risk of getting the infection compared with non-O blood types, the scientists wrote in the preprint database medRxiv on March 27; the study has yet to be reviewed by peers in the field.

Several early studies have suggested a link between obesity and more severe COVID-19 disease in people. One study, which analyzed a group of COVID-19 patients who were younger than the age of 60 in New York City, found that those who were obese were twice as likely as non-obese individuals to be hospitalized and were 1.8 times as likely to be admitted into critical care.

Anyhow, anxiety, fear and panic must be avoided at all costs. Precautions yes, panic no. Anxiety and stress will shoot up your BP, make you feel dreadful and has a paralysing effect.

Better times ahead everbody!!

Yes, especially here in the U.S. There's a lot of non-compliance with masks and social distancing. I see it all around me. :upset:

Well, not wearing a mask is viewed by some as patriotic and standing up for your personal freedom. Not wearing one is being encouraged at the highest level.

I'll just keep staying away from people as much as possible. I can be lonely for as long as it takes. And when a vaccine or cure is found I hope to be here, ready to enjoy a full life again.

Get out those big ol' sunglasses! 😎🥽😷👓

"Wearing goggles, face shields or another covering over the eyes also could help protect you from getting COVID-19, although it’s not a surefire guarantee, according to a study published Monday in The Lancet medical journal.

“Eye protection is often under-considered and not uniformly included in policies,” Dr. Derek Chu, a study co-author, told ABC News. “Goggles, face shields or even large eye glasses may be important in preventing droplet spread through the eyes as well as self inoculation via the hands.”

This is getting ridiculous. I've resigned myself to getting Covid. Man at the laundromat has a vicious cough but the owners have him there wiping down tables.

I have a defeatist attitude. I'm just going to get it and there's nothing I can do about it.

This is getting ridiculous. I've resigned myself to getting Covid. Man at the laundromat has a vicious cough but the owners have him there wiping down tables.

I have a defeatist attitude. I'm just going to get it and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm so sorry you feel so stressed about it. Luckily I only had one experience early on with a store employee walking by and coughing in my vicinity. She didn't need to do that. I was so mad!

I'm so sorry you feel so stressed about it. Luckily I only had one experience early on with a store employee walking by and coughing in my vicinity. She didn't need to do that. I was so mad!

I feel a bit better now. I wasn't near him for very long, maybe a total of 10 minutes with only about 3-4 minutes at a time. I stood away from him as much as I could. Two other workers were there and they kept coming close to me. Come on, people! Everyone did have masks on, but you're still supposed to stay away from others.

It's so sad, I live in such a beautiful area and so many of us are unable to truly enjoy it.

I can wait, though. If I need to wait a year I can do it. One thing getting older has taught me is that time goes by quickly, and I can wait for something if it's worth waiting for.

And that's crazy about that store employee. It is not OK to cough on or around others!

Well, not wearing a mask is viewed by some as patriotic and standing up for your personal freedom. Not wearing one is being encouraged at the highest level.

I'll just keep staying away from people as much as possible. I can be lonely for as long as it takes. And when a vaccine or cure is found I hope to be here, ready to enjoy a full life again.

That's the problem. It's no wonder our numbers in the U.S. continue to soar daily. :upset: Be careful at your laundromat, boltnrun! :eek:

That's the problem. It's no wonder our numbers in the U.S. continue to soar daily. :upset: Be careful at your laundromat, boltnrun! :eek:

Thanks, Cherlyn.

I spent less time at the laundromat than usual because that man freaked me out so badly. He had stopped coughing when I went back to put my clothes in the dryer and then when I got them out. Maybe he took something.

I'll just go to my regular laundromat. Even though this different one has a better layout and you can use your debit card. I'm afraid of that man. And I'm sure he'll remember me if I went back. The lady who yelled at him.

From the WHO.

"Currently, there is not enough evidence for or against the use of masks (medical or other) in healthy individuals in the wider community. However, WHO is actively studying the rapidly evolving science on masks and continuously updates its guidance"

And from an article by Dr. Liz Kingston

"While there is little or no evidence to support the use of disposable gloves as a public health measure, policy around the use of face masks in public has come under much scrutiny in recent weeks. While the HSE to date does not support this measure and advise that wearing a face mask outside of a healthcare setting is unlikely to be of any benefit if you are not sick, it is clear that many people are choosing to wear a face mask in the community. Currently, there is conflicting international policy and guidelines on the use of face masks or face coverings in the community and this adds to the uncertainty. "

Thanks, Cherlyn.

I spent less time at the laundromat than usual because that man freaked me out so badly. He had stopped coughing when I went back to put my clothes in the dryer and then when I got them out. Maybe he took something.

I'll just go to my regular laundromat. Even though this different one has a better layout and you can use your debit card. I'm afraid of that man. And I'm sure he'll remember me if I went back. The lady who yelled at him.

You're welcome, boltnrun.

Good thing you switched to your regular laundromat. I'd be afraid of that man, too. Hopefully you can stay far away from him as possible.

You're welcome, boltnrun.

Good thing you switched to your regular laundromat. I'd be afraid of that man, too. Hopefully you can stay far away from him as possible.

He works at the laundromat I went to yesterday. I don't plan to ever go back there again!

Archived