Anyone Dating or has Dated a Mama's Boy?

SarahLove30

Where does he live? Does he get medical care for the bipolar disorder? Unfortunately he sounds too unstable to have a relationship at this time. If he is suicidal again call for help. He really needs in-patent treatment if he is running around on the streets suicidal.

He lives back home with his adoptive mother again. It's about 15-20 minutes away from me. He does get medical care for his bipolar disorder now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, if he only has known his bio mom for a year, as they get to know eachother, it may be that his birth family is not the perfection he thinks, or after getting over the regret of giving him up, if they are stable people they may decide that they can't tolerate him either. I would honestly leave this show. If i didn't know your ages, i would have thought you guys were really young. He is a grown ass man who doesn't have his life together. So find someone who does.

I agree, he's a grown ass man, and is back home with mommy. If he can't stand on his own two feet by now at this time in his life, he ain't gonna be changing because he is with you.

If you are looking for a solution, it's to express everything to him what you have posted here, and communicate to him things need to change. You can volunteer to help, but he needs to put in full effort for himself. If he can't get past it, well I guess you will have to settle for whatever happens and live with it.

This woman will continue to be a problem between you and make life for you absolutely miserable. You can decide to not see her and go to family group functions but then you miss out on a large and important part of your boyfriend's life. I know you love this man but if he is believing his mom and confronting you over something she lied about to him this creates trust issues. The friction has to be very thick at this point. This is not about her winning, this is about your sanity.

I agree, he's a grown ass man, and is back home with mommy. If he can't stand on his own two feet by now at this time in his life, he ain't gonna be changing because he is with you.

If you are looking for a solution, it's to express everything to him what you have posted here, and communicate to him things need to change. You can volunteer to help, but he needs to put in full effort for himself. If he can't get past it, well I guess you will have to settle for whatever happens and live with it.

He told me 2 months ago "I'm moving out in a month." That never happened. I just knew he would get comfortable again with her.

I have had so many talks with him, but he will say ok and reason with me then go back to square one.

He told me 2 months ago "I'm moving out in a month." That never happened. I just knew he would get comfortable again with her.

I have had so many talks with him, but he will say ok and reason with me then go back to square one.

Square One is where you will remain.

If you're content and happy with Square One, then fine, things will work out. If not, well then...

And staying with him just so his mother doesn't "win" isn't a very good reason.

Archived