Not sure about girlfriends guy friend

jrw

Mate guarding is one of the worst strategies for protecting your relationship that there is.

If you have to offer to stay sober and awake for the wee hours so you can drive her home, you hav e already lost. She wants what she wants and it is more than just you.

Don't tolerate it. Personally, I'd move on if I were you.

Yeah okay. Some of you guys are taking this too far. She clicks better with guy friends, she’s had more guy friends than female friends. It’s literally platonic. She used to go over to his place all the time. I love responses like this because I get to sit here and challenge my thoughts through arguing a point, and in the process have helped myself feel 100% better about this. Half my friends are female and I’ve gone out with them. I’m almost a carbon copy of her when it comes to friendships and friendship activities, I just don’t go out with them as much as I used to clubbing and stuff, but given the opportunity I would. I’d invite my girlfriend with me, to go clubbing with my female friends. At the end of the day it’s up to me what I do, I’m choosing to stick with her and let her do her. If something happens something happens but I know she’s trust worthy and at the end of the day I have to hear her out for what she is specifically saying. Given some of my replies on here I’m surprised some of you even see this situation as a threat, to be honest, but some of you have been negative on every response, so I’m not surprised. Case closed.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given some of my replies on here I’m surprised some of you even see this situation as a threat, to be honest, but some of you have been negative on every response, so I’m not surprised. Case closed.

Dude.

You saw it as a threat or you wouldn't have started this thread to begin with. You can't be too surprised when others concurred with your initial concerns, can you?

Look, I get that it's tough to hear some people validate your worries, because it fuels the insecurity that brought you here in the first place. It's tough to know what to make of it when you want it to be innocent and you want it work, but you also clearly had some fears over the behavior you're seeing in your girlfriend. Only you know where your own boundaries are, and where you will draw the line.

You weren't wrong to be concerned. There are a couple things about her and this relationship that warrant a word of caution. Just keep your eyes and ears open and don't let your desire to make this work overshadow legitimate worries that may arise.

Dude.

You saw it as a threat or you wouldn't have started this thread to begin with. You can't be too surprised when others concurred with your initial concerns, can you?

Look, I get that it's tough to hear some people validate your worries, because it fuels the insecurity that brought you here in the first place. It's tough to know what to make of it when you want it to be innocent and you want it work, but you also clearly had some fears over the behavior you're seeing in your girlfriend. Only you know where your own boundaries are, and where you will draw the line.

You weren't wrong to be concerned. There are a couple things about her and this relationship that warrant a word of caution. Just keep your eyes and ears open and don't let your desire to make this work overshadow legitimate worries that may arise.

Okay, I understand. Thank you for the support!

Archived