Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

26 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

She's not losing weight. Did I say that? She's actually gaining. I started her on the wet food in the evenings for the past 3 weeks or so and she has definitely gained.

If any other symptoms show up I will try to get her an appointment. But I'm not able to spend thousands on treatments.  In that case I would have a tough decision to make.

For sure. We couldn’t either not at the time could I invest the time to care for my beloved Tatter Tot ( one of his nicknames) so we made a horrible choice or rather my husband made it for me because he said there is no way we can do this, you are not thinking clearly. I had to take my beloved boy because my husband was on course and on a team call. I was an utter wreck . I was totally inconsolable, the vet almost didn’t let me drive away . 

I'm so sorry. That had to be heartbreaking. 

I had to have my previous cat put down. We only had her for 3 months but sadly she had contracted FIP before we adopted her. The agency had no idea. She was a sweet kitty with an adorable personality. My kids were inconsolable for months and so was I.

I have had my girl kitty since 2007. I would be devastated to lose her, but I can't allow her to be in pain either. It's so hard.

She is currently sitting in the kitchen doorway waiting for dinner. She does this every day, at least 3 hours before dinnertime. Silly cat.

7 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

21 here but we are a bit like the nation's butt hole lol. 

LOL. I live literally across the street from the Pacific ocean so you'd think it would be cooler. But where I used to live it's 39 C so it could be worse.

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

LOL. I live literally across the street from the Pacific ocean so you'd think it would be cooler. But where I used to live it's 39 C so it could be worse.

That sounds so nice! Ocean air. 

39, yeah, I can not handle. 

Tomorrow is going to be a big test.  I am going to a protest (yes, I'll be carrying a sign) that is expected to have over 200 participants.  The organizers have instructed us to wear masks and physically distance as much as possible, but since it's a protest there is likely to be chanting and shouting.  So, my plan is to stay toward the back of the group and use my sign as a kind of barrier.  And of course I'll be masked.

I was so disappointed to not be able to participate in any of the protests last year, but I was way, way too anxious to even try to be in a crowd that large.

I should also be eligible to receive a booster shot.  I have to wait until the end of the month since it has to be at least 6 months since your second shot. Mine was late April, so late October it is!  Also planning to get a flu shot before then.

Apparently we have so many doses we are giving millions of them away to countries that need them (good!) but we still have enough for the children plus boosters for seniors, people in high risk occupations and those with health conditions.  With so many people refusing to get vaccinated there are lots of doses just sitting there, and they have to be used before they go bad.

14 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Apparently we have so many doses we are giving millions of them away to countries that need them (good!) but we still have enough for the children plus boosters for seniors, people in high risk occupations and those with health conditions.  With so many people refusing to get vaccinated there are lots of doses just sitting there, and they have to be used before they go bad.

For sure ! There should be no waste ! 

As of about 5 weeks ago there were still 70 million eligible adults and teens who were not vaccinated in the US.  So that's a lot of doses that aren't being used.  Although many large employers are starting to mandate vaccination.  However those people might feel about it, it's coming down to getting vaccinated or losing their jobs.

I'm also supposed to travel to my previous town in two weeks.  Still not 100% sure if I'm going since their Covid numbers are better but still not great.  It will be a road trip (no way in heck am I getting on an airplane!) so we'll see.

Our vaccination rates are pretty good . Many large employers here have already started with get vaccinated or you are unpaid leave or goodbye to your job. Here they are recommending 8 months out for the booster for those eligible. 

Canada has reached about 70% of the population over 12 fully vaccinated 

Posted (edited)

The protest was invigorating!  I haven't participated in one since 2019.  There were about 300 people present which was a great turnout.  The mayor, some city council members and even some of the state representatives were there.  My city has a terrific mayor.  I love participating in things like this.  I'm a very strong believer in using your voice peacefully to work for change.  Surprisingly there were no counter protestors.  A fair amount of police were present so maybe that's why.

I had no choice but to be in a crowd, but I would estimate 97% of the people there were wearing masks.  I stood toward the back and held my sign up so that oncoming car traffic could see it.  I got lots of horns honked in support and not one insult!  The last protest I attended I got cursed at many times.  That doesn't bother me though.  I have pretty thick skin.  

I then walked back home and stopped at a small business around the corner that makes smoothies and sandwiches.  I got a smoothie.  I like to support small businesses.  I don't usually drink smoothies because I often get indigestion, but the owner made it with coconut milk and plant based whipped "cream" so I should be OK.

And, now I'm exhausted.  I was thinking about going back out but I'm so tired!  I think I'll be home the rest of the day.

Oh, and the local news station sent a reporter.  I wonder if we'll make the news!

Edited by boltnrun

23 hours ago, Seraphim said:

You are doing so well!

Thank you!

So today someone once again scheduled a meeting during my lunch time. I am the only hourly employee and in my state you are required to "clock out" for lunch no later than 5 hours after your clock in time. I sign on at 7:30 so I usually take lunch from 12:15 to 1:00. Well, this guy scheduled the meeting for 12:30 and I have another meeting at 1:00. None of them have to take lunch at a certain time since they are all salaried so they never think about it. I declined the meeting and explained why. Oh,and he put it on the schedule this morning, so no advance notice. I get annoyed when they treat me like one of the little people just because I'm a contract worker. Blech.

Warning...more poop talk.

The last two mornings I've been woken up VERY early to clean up after my cat. She is having loose stools and is dripping it all over. Probably caused by the wet food I've been feeding her in the evenings (which she loves). So I'm going to only give her a little bit of it tonight and then switch to a gravy treat I used to give her before that didn't cause the runs. If she still gets the runs then, sorry kitty, no more wet food for you.

This never happened before but she's getting older and her digestive system probably isn't as effective as it used to be.

In other news, I am a BIG sports fan and yesterday was a great day for me. Two wins by favorite athletes/teams.

Also, a massive, huge thunderstorm overnight. The lightning and thunder were epic. I love a nice big thunderstorm.

Annoying dream about ex last night! Exes in my dreams are always way more compelling and attractive than they are in real life. This ex tried to start dating me again a few years ago. I found him insufferably boring and annoying, although when he dumped me in 2000 I was devastated and heartbroken. He reached out early this year again and I shut him down. Don't want that.

I decided to postpone my trip too. I'm not ready. I am worried about my cat and don't want to leave her alone overnight, my cousin is likely going to be going through a bad divorce and is asking for my support, I'm anxious about traveling alone...just too many reasons not to go. I want to see my friends but now doesn't feel like the right time.

I get to spend my lunch break walking 1 1/4 miles to retrieve my car where I had to park it and (hopefully) move it at least somewhat closer. There was an event over the weekend where they had almost all of the local parking marked as No Parking. I love living close to all the action but that means more traffic, plus my neighborhood is very high density with dozens of apartment buildings that don't provide parking. So there are hundreds of us competing for parking spots.

Temperature went from 30 C down to 19 C and is going back up to 29 C in 3 days.

This weather is stupid. I have both the fan and the space heater setup because it keeps switching back and forth. And I have to keep switching from flannel pajamas to a little nightie and back again and adding and removing bed blankets. So ridiculous.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Why You Should NEVER Chase Your Ex
      You should NEVER chase your ex, no matter what... even if you want to get back together. In this video, I’ll explain what exactly I mean by that… and why it’s so important if you want your ex back. Here's the simple truth: if you DO want to give yourself the best possible chance of starting over with your ex, you simply CANNOT let yourself start chasing them… it just doesn’t work, even though it’s the natural human reaction to a breakup and often feels like the right way to get them back. Even if you DON'T want your ex back, you still shouldn't let yourself chase after them. Watch the full video to find out why...

• 0 replies
    • How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩
      How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩... In this dating advice video, I will explain to you how to know she’s the one and give you five signs she’s the one as well as give you one red flag that you need to look out for. You may want to know whether she’s the one on first dates, online dating, or somewhere in the dating process. Take heed to these dating tips and be sure to watch the entire video.

• 0 replies
    • 5 Odd Signs You're Seeking Approval from Others Outside of Yourself
      In this YouTube Video, Lisa A Romano discusses 5 signs that indicate you're still seeking approval from others outside of you. If you are codependent, and you struggle with self-love, you may not realize the signs you're seeking approval from others. Childhood trauma and emotional neglect lead to a sense of feeling unseen. If you feel unseen, you may seek approval in odd ways. It may not be obvious when you are looking for validation from others. In this video, Lisa A Romano breaks down these 5 signs, and what they mean; hypervigilance, neediness, low self-worth, never feeling fulfilled and what it means when you become a perpetual seeker.

• 0 replies
    • 3 Simple Strategies To Ditch The Imposter Syndrome
      Have you ever felt like you're a fraud who doesn't belong? According to a recent article published in the International Journal of Behavioral Science, seven in every ten people have or will experience impostor syndrome at some point in their lives. We couldn't see our tribe suffering from this anymore, so we brought in the person who'll help you ditch this feeling for good. In this video, peak performance expert Shadé Zahrai joins Vishen to discuss how to supercharge your life and improve your self-esteem by constructing your own reality, leveraging your self-awareness, and regaining control over your inner critic

• 0 replies
    • 5 Things People Who’ve Been Mentally Abused Do
      Do you know how common mental abuse is? According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, 80 percent of the population has experienced some form of abusive relationship and behavior. However, despite how frequent it is, emotional abuse is still hard to spot. Unlike physical abuse, mental abuse doesn’t leave any visible scars; instead, it affects someone’s behavior, mindset, and mentality. This means some people deny they’ve been mentally abused, and others may not even recognize the toxic behavior. So, whether you’re reading this to be able to recognize emotional abuse in others or recognize it in yourself, these a few things people who’ve been mentally abused do are sure to help you be more empathetic and kinder.

• 0 replies