Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

Another big heat wave coming next week. Worse than the one we just had.

I have no choice; I will have to knock myself out with medication if I want to get some sleep. I'm seeing the doctor next week coincidentally so I can ask for a script then. In the meantime I will have to resort to Ativan.

Feeling icky today.  I scheduled a Covid test for tomorrow afternoon.  Even though the only way I could have been exposed is at the grocery store or hardware store, and I'm not only fully vaccinated and had Covid a few months ago and I have worn my mask faithfully, I'm still getting tested.  I'm supposed to see beloved friends on Sunday (whom I haven't seen in about a year) but if I still feel sick I won't see them.  I won't have the test results until probably Wednesday and I love my friends too much to even take a small chance of getting them sick.

51 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Maybe you feel icky due to lack of sleep? But good that you are being tested. Did you sleep better last night ? 

Well, "better" is relative.  I slept better than Sunday night but not good.  I still wake up at 1:30 am and if I'm lucky I only stay awake until about 2:30 am, then fall back asleep and wake back up at 5:30 am.  This morning was the first time in forever that I was actually asleep when my alarm went off at 6:15, so there is that.

My sleep pattern has been:  fall asleep at about 11 pm, wake up at 1:30, stay awake until about 2:30, fall back asleep until 5:30.  Some awful nights I am awake from 1:30 am until 4 am.  Those suck.

I'm going to investigate CBD.  I'm told there's no THC in it and it could help me relax so I can sleep.  Even one of my doctors suggested it.

12 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Well, "better" is relative.  I slept better than Sunday night but not good.  I still wake up at 1:30 am and if I'm lucky I only stay awake until about 2:30 am, then fall back asleep and wake back up at 5:30 am.  This morning was the first time in forever that I was actually asleep when my alarm went off at 6:15, so there is that.

My sleep pattern has been:  fall asleep at about 11 pm, wake up at 1:30, stay awake until about 2:30, fall back asleep until 5:30.  Some awful nights I am awake from 1:30 am until 4 am.  Those suck.

I'm going to investigate CBD.  I'm told there's no THC in it and it could help me relax so I can sleep.  Even one of my doctors suggested it.

I have tried it. Cannabis and all products are legal here . It was ok . I just didn’t know if it worked with my blood pressure meds so I stopped. 

24 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Dang. Are you feeling any better ? 

No 😞

I've been feeling pretty wretched.  So I told my friend I am not going tomorrow.  If I happen to have a breakthrough case of the Delta variant I would never forgive myself if I infected her or her husband.  I love these people, but even if I didn't I don't believe I have the right to just roam around infecting people.

It sucks because I've been looking forward to seeing her for almost a year.  But they only live about 5 1/2 hours away (in my previous city) so I'm going to try to drive out there for a visit in October.  I will road trip and stay in an Air BnB to minimize risk because the Covid numbers in their state are horrendous.

I did get some good news today...I'm getting a tax refund I wasn't expecting, plus there was a class action lawsuit I was included in and I got the check today.   So at least my finances are improved.

Thank you for checking in on me 🙂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

No 😞

I've been feeling pretty wretched.  So I told my friend I am not going tomorrow.  If I happen to have a breakthrough case of the Delta variant I would never forgive myself if I infected her or her husband.  I love these people, but even if I didn't I don't believe I have the right to just roam around infecting people.

It sucks because I've been looking forward to seeing her for almost a year.  But they only live about 5 1/2 hours away (in my previous city) so I'm going to try to drive out there for a visit in October.  I will road trip and stay in an Air BnB to minimize risk because the Covid numbers in their state are horrendous.

I did get some good news today...I'm getting a tax refund I wasn't expecting, plus there was a class action lawsuit I was included in and I got the check today.   So at least my finances are improved.

Thank you for checking in on me 🙂 

Well, thank goodness for money ! 

Man! I hope you feel better ! I hope you don’t have it and it is just a regular ole cold. But good to stay away from others right now. 

21 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Well, thank goodness for money ! 

Man! I hope you feel better ! I hope you don’t have it and it is just a regular ole cold. But good to stay away from others right now. 

I actually wouldn't mind if I had it as long as it's not when I'm trying to see my friends!  Just to get it over with.  But I'm supposed to be going somewhere with my son and his spouse next weekend.  I should have my test results before then so if I'm sick I obviously can't go. And I'm supposed to go into the office Monday but it's not anything urgent so I can put it off for a couple of weeks if necessary.

Thanks for the good wishes 🙂 

I think I may have a sinus infection.  When I got up this morning I hacked up a glob of thick green goo (sorry, that's gross, I know).  And when I did the Covid test yesterday it really hurt when I put the Q-tip thingy up my nose.  Like, it physically hurt the inside of my nostrils instead of the usual strong discomfort.

I can't imagine how I could have been exposed to Covid.  In the past week the only places I went were to the hardware store (inside for about 20 minutes, doors wide open, not crowded), the grocery store (HUGE store, no crowds, inside for about 45 minutes but never around anyone for more than a minute or two) and the little bodega around the corner (inside for about 15 minutes, I was the only customer, cashier was masked) so exposure seems highly unlikely.  But I'm glad I went ahead and got tested anyway.  I'm going to a museum with my son and his spouse next weekend and it would be good to know I'm OK to go.

My brother and I are going to a huge outdoor event the end of September.  The new mandates are that we have to be masked even if vaccinated.  That's going to be interesting!  I'll have to remember to put a lot of sunscreen on my face.  I saw a YouTuber who has been going to the Florida theme parks all summer and his girlfriend has the worst "mask tan" I've ever seen.  It looked like she was wearing a mask even when she wasn't lol.  I do not want a "mask tan"!

Ewww y eewwww ah could be. I use Chaga for that and it is gone in a day with one tea. I had a chronic sinus condition and was totally antibiotic out. Now I drink this at the first hint and it is gone and I haven’t used an antibiotic in over 2 years. But it might be totally not useful for you depending upon your conditions and medications  so I would check with your doctor. 

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

How are you doing ? 

Still sick but I'm feeling marginally better than yesterday.

I'm working although I feel foggy in my head. Work has been pretty busy until about 15 minutes ago.

I scheduled a grocery pickup for my lunch hour. They don't have one of the items I need to make dinner (this place is notorious for being out of a lot of things but they're the only store close enough to make it during lunch) and they tried to get me to go at 8:00 am or at 12:30 pm. No, there's a reason I scheduled it for that time, because it's the only time I can go! I know they are severely understaffed and that's probably why they tried to get me to change it. These places woefully underpay their employees and then wonder why they can't get anyone to work for them.

My former employer lost 150 employees in one week at one of their locations. Serves them right! I quit mainly because of how poorly they treat their workers.

Thank you for checking on me 😊

So, all hell broke loose after my last post.

I went to the store on my lunch break to do a pickup. That went fine except they left a couple of items off. Oh well. 

So my grocery routine is, I go home and park my car temporarily in the alley next to my building because there is no assigned parking plus my building doesn't have a parking lot or garage. I take the bags inside, then go back to my car, drive around until I find a spot on the street, then walk back home. Then wipe down and put away my groceries. When I ran in to drop off the bags I noticed it smelled like poop in my apartment (like, REALLY bad!) but it was litter box change day so I thought it was just more noticeable than usual, although it didn't smell when I left 45 minutes earlier. 

Anyway, I go park my car and walk back. As I'm removing my shoes I notice pieces of poop along with poop smears LITERALLY all over the floor and on my bedspread. My cat had smeared it on just about every square foot of my apartment except the kitchen. Keep in mind, I was on my lunch break, I still had to wipe down and put away my groceries, I had an online meeting in 15 minutes PLUS I was feeling horribly sick. 

So I just lost it. I grabbed my cat and took her in the bathroom to wash the sh*t off her paws. She's squirming and hollering the entire time. Then I have to find all the poo pieces and smears, wipe them up with disinfecting wipes, then mop the entire apartment because like I said, she got it everywhere. Then I had to remove the bedspread and roll it up. Then I had to change her litter box and take out all the trash because there were poop stained wipes and wet mop pads in it. Then sterilize the bathroom sink where I'd cleaned my cat. And THEN I had to wipe down my groceries and put them away. All before my meeting. 

And I was wretchedly sick. Pounding head, congestion and runny nose, body aches, you name it. And I hadn't eaten.

I thought I might be angry enough to get rough with the cat so I put her in the bathroom for a while. Of course she screamed the entire time, disrupting my meeting.

Apparently this is just something cats do, although she never did it in the previous 13 years I've had her. People suggested an automatically cleaning litter box (won't work, they clean when they detect the cat has stepped out of the box. She steps in her poo while she's still in the box). I clean her litter box multiple times a day but she tends to poop either overnight or when I'm away. Her box had plenty of clean litter for her to step on but she chooses to step on her poop.

I was this close to taking her to the shelter. I didn't, though.

I guess I will have to keep her in the bathroom if I'm going to be gone for a while. I'm not doing this again (this was the third time, btw).

And I still feel like garbage. No word on the Covid test results, although I hope to have them before the weekend.

What an awful day 😡

Wow, I am sorry. 😓Is it due ti heat? Is it just since the heat wave? She may be suffering from the heat as well. 

I would call your dr about antibiotics if your Covid test is clear. 

I must say I would be fuming too though. She might be sick from heat or something else. 

No, it hasn't been hot. And she's done it before when it wasn't hot. I haven't heard that hot weather causes cats to step in their poop and spread it around, have you been told this by a vet? That would be a weird side effect of heat for sure!

I'm supposed to go in tomorrow to give a urine sample because my urine had some blood in it the last time. So if I have a UTI or bladder infection that could be why I feel sick.

3 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

No, it hasn't been hot. And she's done it before when it wasn't hot. I haven't heard that hot weather causes cats to step in their poop and spread it around, have you been told this by a vet? That would be a weird side effect of heat for sure!

I'm supposed to go in tomorrow to give a urine sample because my urine had some blood in it the last time. So if I have a UTI or bladder infection that could be why I feel sick.

Oh I thought she had diarrhea. My cats their poop is not soft enough to get on their feet. Only if they get diarrhea. 

Edited by Seraphim

Yeah, I figured it's mainly because she's getting old. She is over 16 years old. That's why after my initial fury she did not end up at the shelter. 

It doesn't make having to clean and disinfect my entire apartment and wash my bedspread any less aggravating,  especially since I JUST cleaned. The timing was terrible and I'm sick, so that just made it much worse.

But I had to clean up after my kids when they barfed and had diarrhea and peed in their bath water just after I ran it!

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yeah, I figured it's mainly because she's getting old. She is over 16 years old. That's why after my initial fury she did not end up at the shelter. 

It doesn't make having to clean and disinfect my entire apartment and wash my bedspread any less aggravating,  especially since I JUST cleaned. The timing was terrible and I'm sick, so that just made it much worse.

But I had to clean up after my kids when they barfed and had diarrhea and peed in their bath water just after I ran it!

For sure . I can completely understand. It is aggravating and agonizing when that sick and in a hurry. 

I think maybe it is her age. 

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

So, all hell broke loose after my last post.

I went to the store on my lunch break to do a pickup. That went fine except they left a couple of items off. Oh well. 

So my grocery routine is, I go home and park my car temporarily in the alley next to my building because there is no assigned parking plus my building doesn't have a parking lot or garage. I take the bags inside, then go back to my car, drive around until I find a spot on the street, then walk back home. Then wipe down and put away my groceries. When I ran in to drop off the bags I noticed it smelled like poop in my apartment (like, REALLY bad!) but it was litter box change day so I thought it was just more noticeable than usual, although it didn't smell when I left 45 minutes earlier. 

Anyway, I go park my car and walk back. As I'm removing my shoes I notice pieces of poop along with poop smears LITERALLY all over the floor and on my bedspread. My cat had smeared it on just about every square foot of my apartment except the kitchen. Keep in mind, I was on my lunch break, I still had to wipe down and put away my groceries, I had an online meeting in 15 minutes PLUS I was feeling horribly sick. 

So I just lost it. I grabbed my cat and took her in the bathroom to wash the sh*t off her paws. She's squirming and hollering the entire time. Then I have to find all the poo pieces and smears, wipe them up with disinfecting wipes, then mop the entire apartment because like I said, she got it everywhere. Then I had to remove the bedspread and roll it up. Then I had to change her litter box and take out all the trash because there were poop stained wipes and wet mop pads in it. Then sterilize the bathroom sink where I'd cleaned my cat. And THEN I had to wipe down my groceries and put them away. All before my meeting. 

And I was wretchedly sick. Pounding head, congestion and runny nose, body aches, you name it. And I hadn't eaten.

I thought I might be angry enough to get rough with the cat so I put her in the bathroom for a while. Of course she screamed the entire time, disrupting my meeting.

Apparently this is just something cats do, although she never did it in the previous 13 years I've had her. People suggested an automatically cleaning litter box (won't work, they clean when they detect the cat has stepped out of the box. She steps in her poo while she's still in the box). I clean her litter box multiple times a day but she tends to poop either overnight or when I'm away. Her box had plenty of clean litter for her to step on but she chooses to step on her poop.

I was this close to taking her to the shelter. I didn't, though.

I guess I will have to keep her in the bathroom if I'm going to be gone for a while. I'm not doing this again (this was the third time, btw).

And I still feel like garbage. No word on the Covid test results, although I hope to have them before the weekend.

What an awful day 😡

Oh gosh. I know you and I both like keeping our places clean and organized. And then you come up and there is literal s--- everywhere. Yikes. 

Add to the matter that you are sick and have a bunch of responsibilities to attend to - and you have yourself quite the terrible day. 

You mentioned that you had to be on a call, presumably for work. While you are not feeling well, can you call off or use some sick time? 

As for the "crappy" situation, I searched and came across this article, which may help. I have never owned a cat, but many of my friends and relatives do. My first thought based on those friends' & relatives' experiences was that she was "acting out": could she be abnormally bored, sick, or stressed?

I hope today has been kinder to you. 

Edited by Pleasedonot5